cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this the final iteration of the theme layer?

SOLVED

Is this the final iteration of the theme layer?

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question, is this the final iteration of the theme layer in Magento 2? Are we likely to see any major architectural changes (e.g remove the Javascript/XML/anything) before something like Magento 3?

Cheers,

Josh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is this the final iteration of the theme layer?

Hi @jfarry,

Discussing about Magento 3 wouldn't be accurate since that version is not in the roadmap yet.

Regarding Magento 2, I don't have a way of ensuring that no major changes will be made.

My opinion is that both scenarios would be good for everyone:

– If there are no major front-end changes, then there will be no changes required for front-end themes to work on new versions

– If there are major front-end changes, then it means that there is a very good reason for those changes and that would be a major improvement for front-end development

Best regards.
Gabriel

Welcome to the Magento Forums. Remember to introduce yourself and read the Magento Forums Guidelines.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @jfarry,

Discussing about Magento 3 wouldn't be accurate since that version is not in the roadmap yet.

Regarding Magento 2, I don't have a way of ensuring that no major changes will be made.

My opinion is that both scenarios would be good for everyone:

– If there are no major front-end changes, then there will be no changes required for front-end themes to work on new versions

– If there are major front-end changes, then it means that there is a very good reason for those changes and that would be a major improvement for front-end development

Best regards.
Gabriel

Welcome to the Magento Forums. Remember to introduce yourself and read the Magento Forums Guidelines.

Hi @Gabriel Guarino,

Thanks for the reply Smiley Happy If there's nothing in the pipeline at the moment, I'll take it as a "no".

Thank you for your time,

Josh