cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manipulate the separators of Title Tags

Manipulate the separators of Title Tags

Hi Magento Community,

I cannot find how to change the default separator between Title Tags. In our marketplace there are some subcategories and I adjusted the default title suffix to be "| ourcompany". The Problem now is that the other default separators also are set to be "|". Hence the title tag looks like this: Subcategory | Category | ourcompany.

I would like to replace the "|" by a simple "-" so the title tag looks like this: Subcategory - Category | ourcompany.

Is it possible to change the settings in this way?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Manipulate the separators of Title Tags

It's possibly only if you've used System -> Configuration -> Design -> HTML Head -> Title Suffix for setting "| ourcompany". If you did it through "Page Title" setting for every Product / Category, then you'll have to go manually and change it for every single item.

If this response was helpful to you, consider giving kudos to this post.
If this response solved your problem, click accept as solution to help others solve this issue

Re: Manipulate the separators of Title Tags

I think you misinterpreted my question. I changed the titel suffix via the path described. However, what I would like to change is the seperator between the subcategories and the categories. -->

Now: Subcategory | Category | ourcompany

Goal: Subcategory - Category | ourcompany