cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change html

change html

I want to change the html file, but I cant find the file. Does anyone know how to get into the file via ftp?

thanks for your help!

8 REPLIES 8

Re: change html

Hello @jvk123

It would be much easier for the community to help you with this if you stated what particular file needs updating.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
230+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!

For example the favicon.

@Amasty 

I work at a company which has three webshops running at one 'magento account'. The favicon only shows on the main site, but when I enter the 'webshop page' (still on the same main domain) it disappears. I have acces to the FTP and tried uploading it in the directory where I was supposed to do that, but it doens't change anything.

For the other two webshops, it doens't show at all. 

What could the problem be?

Thanks in advance!

One more question:

@Amasty

When I am on the site and I press right click > inspect, then you get some kind of raw html file. (how) can I access that via the FTP? Is that even possible and if so, where would that file be located?

Thanks in advance

@jvk123

All the changes can be made via Magento admin panel. Each page consists of different parts and blocks which can be edited in the corresponding sections in the admin area, it's not just a single HTML page as the site you're writing about uses CMS.

A favicon can also be changed in the Admin panel (System > Configuration > General > Design > Favicon)

Hope that helps!

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
230+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!

@Amasty

I am aware of the possibility to change the favicon via the admin panel, but that only works for our main website. Our main website is www.viv.nl and the webshop is hosted at www.viv.nl/verpakkingsmateriaal. When I put in a favicon via magento admin panel, it only shows up on the 'main pages' from the site, not when I enter the webshop. 

On the other two webshops, where the main link is already the webshop (if you know what I mean) it does not show up at all. 

When I use the 'inspect' function on the other websites, and I ctrl+f for favicon, it does say there is no such line in the html, however I did upload it via magento, so that confuses me a bit.

Might it be due to the fact that we have multiple accounts running at one FTP and so, that it has those problems?

Thanks in advance

Make sure that, apart from uploading the favicon in the Magento admin, you also upload the icon to your root directory of your webshop.

The favicon not showing up in any other page then the homepage, might have something to do with your theme. Could you maybe paste your file "app/design/frontend/[mypackage]/[mytheme]/template/page/html/head.phtml" contains these lines of code:

<link rel="icon" href="<?php echo $this->getFaviconFile(); ?>" type="image/x-icon" />
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="<?php echo $this->getFaviconFile(); ?>" type="image/x-icon" />

If you have multiple themes, just check them all. If you don't see these lines, make sure you add them to the file.

If this response was helpful to you, consider giving kudos to this post.
If this response solved your problem, click accept as solution to help others solve this

I have uploaded the right files in the backend of magento, but somehow it mixed up the favicons. Now the favicon of our secondary site is displaying on the primary site...

When I 'inspect' the homepage of the webshop via Chrome, the html file says the following:

<link rel="icon" href="" type="image/x-icon">

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="" type="image/x-icon">

I can't really find a path to where it might be filed.