cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2.0 Upgrade Status stuck saying 'update pending'

New Contributor

Re: Magento 2.0 Upgrade Status stuck saying 'update pending'

Hallo,

thx for your Information. I will Test the Informationen.

Danke Maik
New Contributor

Thanks for the information. But, I am using cpanel and don't have access to the server. Is there anyway I can give the crons a kick another way?

Thanks

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Actually I am not quite sure about that. CPanel does have some cron job settings but I am unaware if that would be enough to 'kick' it.

You don't have any options to set up SSH from CPanel?

/Jonas
Occasional Contributor

Hi again @SteelCityPB

Don't know if you ever resolved this issue, but I just tested it using only CPanel and it worked just fine.

In CPanel you can go to: Dashboard->Cron jobs (Look under the "Advanced" section near the bottom of the dashboard). In here you should make sure that you cron jobs are set up correctly, you should have 3 for Magento 2, mine are set-up as followed:

* * * * * /usr/bin/php-cli /home/[your_CPanel_username]/public_html/[Your_Domain_Name]/bin/magento setup:cron:run >> /home/[your_CPanel_username]/public_html/[Your_Domain_Name]/var/log/setup.cron.log

* * * * * /usr/bin/php-cli /home/[your_CPanel_username]/public_html/[Your_Domain_Name]/update/cron.php >> /home/[your_CPanel_username]/public_html/[Your_Domain_Name]/var/log/update.cron.log

* * * * * /usr/bin/php-cli /home/[Your_CPanel_Username]/public_html/[Your_Domain_Name]/bin/magento cron:run | grep -v "Ran jobs by schedule" >> /home/[Your_CPanel_Username]/public_html/[Your_Domain_Name]/var/log/magento.cron.log

After setting these up with your own CPanel username and Magento 2 root path you should be able to run any upgrade that would previously be stuck.

Let me know if you can't get it to work Smiley Happy

/Jonas