cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2.0 Upgrade Status stuck saying 'update pending'

Re: Magento 2.0 Upgrade Status stuck saying 'update pending'

Hallo,

thx for your Information. I will Test the Informationen.

Danke Maik

Thanks for the information. But, I am using cpanel and don't have access to the server. Is there anyway I can give the crons a kick another way?

Thanks

Hi,

Actually I am not quite sure about that. CPanel does have some cron job settings but I am unaware if that would be enough to 'kick' it.

You don't have any options to set up SSH from CPanel?

/Jonas

Hi again @SteelCityPB

Don't know if you ever resolved this issue, but I just tested it using only CPanel and it worked just fine.

In CPanel you can go to: Dashboard->Cron jobs (Look under the "Advanced" section near the bottom of the dashboard). In here you should make sure that you cron jobs are set up correctly, you should have 3 for Magento 2, mine are set-up as followed:

* * * * * /usr/bin/php-cli /home/[your_CPanel_username]/public_html/[Your_Domain_Name]/bin/magento setup:cron:run >> /home/[your_CPanel_username]/public_html/[Your_Domain_Name]/var/log/setup.cron.log

* * * * * /usr/bin/php-cli /home/[your_CPanel_username]/public_html/[Your_Domain_Name]/update/cron.php >> /home/[your_CPanel_username]/public_html/[Your_Domain_Name]/var/log/update.cron.log

* * * * * /usr/bin/php-cli /home/[Your_CPanel_Username]/public_html/[Your_Domain_Name]/bin/magento cron:run | grep -v "Ran jobs by schedule" >> /home/[Your_CPanel_Username]/public_html/[Your_Domain_Name]/var/log/magento.cron.log

After setting these up with your own CPanel username and Magento 2 root path you should be able to run any upgrade that would previously be stuck.

Let me know if you can't get it to work Smiley Happy

/Jonas

Just so you know, you need to be patient! if you configured your server correctly, the jobs only run every few minutes, then it takes a while for the job to actually download, install, compile etc. Wait at least 10 minutes before starting to panic and do command line calls, which should already be configured with the cron job. Usually you cannot even get to this point without having the cron jobs setup in the first place, so be patient. And for me, I find I need to re-deploy the static config in all of my localizations ....

afther your kick

in addition to it, you can enable the module afther you install it with composser
like this usin the magento cli  whatever you have php and the composer file  path:\php\ php magento module:ebnable -c  -f    (-c = clear static content) (-f = force enable ).

I'm on localhost / Windows.

There are no cron job in Windows.

I tried these commands:

"php bin/magento setup:cron:run"
and
"php bin/magento cron:run"

But update is still pending . . . what to do ?

Also, I needed to trick Readiness Check to bypass cron checking by editing Setup Environment.php controller's cronScriptAction() method and put this line in return:

return new \Zend\View\Model\JsonModel(['responseType' => "success"]);

Now cron cheking passing but it stucks on update pending . . .

I am having the same issue as above, did the cron job "kick" it gets it going but ultimately gets stuck later on again. 

Use following cmd continually until complete .

php bin/magento setup:cron:run

php update/cron.php

its working for me

Thanks worked for me too Smiley Happy