cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2.1.x to 2.2.x or 2.3.x upgrade questions

Magento 2.1.x to 2.2.x or 2.3.x upgrade questions

Hello,

I have installed and using magento 2.1.x with EMThemes on production

I wanted to know if the programming and changelog have had a huge diffrence that resulted in our themes on version 2.1.x incompatible with 2.2.x or 2.3.x

or all the modules and coding structure of 2.1.x is compatible with 2.2.x or 2.3.x ?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Post Magento 2.1.x to 2.2.x or 2.3.x upgrade, product export does not work

Re : I wanted to know if the programming and changelog have had a huge difference that resulted in our themes on version 2.1.x incompatible with 2.2.x or 2.3.x

- We can not say there is huge difference but yes few methods gets deprecated , few introduce with new as well.

so before going to update on production , you need to update on your staging/development server . if all goes well then go with production update.

Re : all the modules and coding structure of 2.1.x is compatible with 2.2.x or 2.3.x ?

- No directly we can not say that all the modules and coding structure of 2.1.x are compatible
with magento 2.2.x , if extension developer has used any method which is deprecated in current version then might be that will not working.

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

First of all, we would like to draw your attention to the system requirements of Magento 2.3. You should always take care of them before upgrading to the latest version as your current setup for upgrading can be outdated which can cause many problems and break down the entire online store. Of course, you don't want all these problems, so check out the Magento 2.3.x technology stack requirements to eliminate potential future problems.

Web server requirements
There are several options you can use when upgrading to Magento 2.3. First, it's Apache 2.2 or 2.4. Note that you need to enable Apache mod_rewrite to allow the server to rewrite the URL and mod_version to enable flexible version checking for different httpd versions.

Alternatively, it is possible to use nginx 1.x to upgrade your Magento version to 2.3.

Database requirements
For a database suitable for Magento 2.3, it is MySQL 5.6 or 5.7. At the same time, you can use many options as the latest platform version is compatible with MySQL NDB Cluster, MariaDB, Percona as well as other binary-compatible MySQL technologies.

Useful Resources

Eleggible

I have explained how big and important this Magento upgrade is. It consists huge improvements over the current version and comes with lots of fixes and features. I would say, this is one of the biggest upgrades for Magento 2 in this year, 2018.I would highly suggest every store owner to upgrade their Magento v2.x to latest 2.3.0 to avail all these security enhancement, features and functionalities and fixtures in their stores. telltims.ca