cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade or clean install options from CE 2.2.2 to 2.2.3

SOLVED

upgrade or clean install options from CE 2.2.2 to 2.2.3

I have some issues on my site with the porto theme, even after disabling it and need to do something a bit drastic. I thought it might be wise to upgrade to 2.2.3 at the same time.

I wondered which would be the approach most likely to resolve problems.

a)  use composer to upgrade from 2.2.2 to 2.2.3 then reinstall Porto (which doesn't use composer)

b) install a fresh 2.2.3 and swap in the old database from the 2.2.2 version. then reinstall Porto

c) install a fresh 2.2.2, swap in the old database from 2.2.2, upgrade with composer, then reinstall Porto

I'm afraid my knowledge of Magento is pretty limited so i could do with some advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: upgrade or clean install options from CE 2.2.2 to 2.2.3

Well all the options you have posted its correct , but best is the below one : 

a)  use composer to upgrade from 2.2.2 to 2.2.3 then reinstall Porto (which doesn't use composer)

Upgrade your magento 2 version using composer with command line below is the command for that :

composer require magento/product-community-edition 2.2.3 --no-update
composer update
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
php bin/magento setup:di:compile
php bin/magento cache:clean
php bin/magento cache:flush

After upgrading magento 2 version , now install porto theme again , as you said to install porto theme you don't required composer thats correct ,you just need to put theme files in magento root directory/app/design folder and respectively their media in pub folder and then you need to run below commands :

php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f     // -f is required for default/developer mode

It will works !!

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: upgrade or clean install options from CE 2.2.2 to 2.2.3

Well all the options you have posted its correct , but best is the below one : 

Upgrade your magento 2 version using composer with command line below is the command for that :

composer require magento/product-community-edition 2.2.3 --no-update
composer update

After upgrading magento 2 version , now install porto theme again , as you said to install porto theme you don't required composer thats correct ,you just need to put theme files in magento root directory/app/design folder and respectively their media in pub folder and then you need to run below commands :

php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f     // -f is required for default/developer mode

It will works !!

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution