cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to migrate just Customer and Order data from 1.7.0.2 to 1.9.x version?

Possible to migrate just Customer and Order data from 1.7.0.2 to 1.9.x version?

Hello all,

And thank you in advance for your help.  

*Background* 

About 13 months ago I started a Magento Mirgation from 1.7.0.2 to 1.9.2.4 (the current version at the time).  The migration was done in a test environment using a clean install of 1.9.2.4 and upgrading plugins that were still needed.  This deployment was never completed and was not put into production. QA testing was 95%-99% done so we were very close.    

*Current Question/Issue*

Over the past year new order/customers/promo code/product data/url  rewrite data/ect are in our current 1.7.0.2 version and I'm not sure if this new data can be imported into our 1.9.2.4 test system without starting from scratch. Note: we would also be looking to move to v 1.9.3.3 but I'm not sure of best way to handle this given the state of thing.  I don't think I can just recopy our current 1.7.0.2 database and trigger some magento DB update scriipts given the new system has upgraded plugins and some unneeded / obsolete ones that were not migrated at all.. or can I? Perhaps there is a software tool that can move only the new production data into my 1.9.2.4 system?

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Regards,

John

1 REPLY 1

Re: Possible to migrate just Customer and Order data from 1.7.0.2 to 1.9.x version?

Hi @jmazzella,

It is basically an upgrade, not migration. Please clarify your question.