cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade from magento 1.5

upgrade from magento 1.5

hey there..

I'm new here.

I'm trying to Upgrade from a 1.5 Magento. But after searching for doc articles and so on.. I didn't find anything helpfully, maybe someone can help me?

cheers

6 REPLIES 6

Re: upgrade from magento 1.5

Hi @cyb2org3,

Which kind of upgrade you're looking for? (modules, theme, order data, customer data?)

@cyb2org3I'll not recommend to upgrade, rather you should look for migrating from M1 to M2. By the end of next year M1 will be gone. If you upgrade and stays on M1 then you have to redo everything again sometime next year.

Problem solved? Give Kudos and Select 'Accept as Solution'.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

Hi @Damian Culotta

I want to upgrade the full shop.

cheersuz

hi @Tarandeep Singh,

yeah i want to upgrade to the latest version of magento Smiley Happy that means to version 2 Smiley Happy

cheers

If you are not a programmer it would be impossible to it for you. There is no way to upgrade Magento1 to Magento2. You have to rebuild. For data migration you may need to upgrade M1 to latest version of M1. However, I still doubt it will help you a lot.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

@cyb2org3,

This is the last and official information about Magento 1 EOL: https://magento.com/blog/magento-news/ongoing-magento-1-support

Then, if you want to move forward with Magento 2 isn't an upgrade (it's more like a platform change).

There isn't a happy path. You will need to migrate your data (there's a Data Migration Tool from Magento).

Also, you'll need to migrate or code (again) your custom modules. In the last year a lot of the most used modules in the community started to be available for Magento2.

You'll need a lot of technical support/effort to move to the Magento2 (well, all of us are in the same situation and that's ok).

Maybe you need to start by thinking about which data you really need to migrate. Also, you'll need to think about which features you think are "a must" and which ones you can add later (or maybe you can choose to forget about some features).