cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi All

Hi All

Hiya

My name is Dean Chalk and I have been an enterprise develop for over 20 years - mostly with Microsoft technologies like ASP.net, WinForms and WPF.

I'm trying to re-invent my career, and have been passionate about ecommerce since I built my own ecommerce platform 12 years ago for my wife's coffee business, so the natural next step for me now is to get into Magento.

I'm still a noob, but I have purchased a subscription for the online training, and am slowly chewing through it.

Looking forward to being productive with Magento, and will certainly be lurking around a lot until I know enough to contribute.

Cheers

Dean

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Hi All

@dean_chalkWelcome! Definitely you'll re-invent your carrier in Magento. With the demand in market if you get good hold on Magento in next couple of month you'll start getting good offers.

I would recommend to follow the Magento dev docs as well to learn more in and out of Magento as well as https://u.magento.com. They have bunch of FREE courses which will give you enough information about Magento to get stated.

Their learning path is also very helpful to know where you stand and which certification to opt for in case you want to get certified.

Problem solved? Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

Re: Hi All

@Tarandeep Singh - great advice, thanks a lot. I have a lot to learn, but so far so good Smiley Happy