cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi guys,who feels or felt the same way?

Hi guys,who feels or felt the same way?

Hi guys,

Been getting to grips with Magento for just over 2 weeks and feel like i'm becoming more familiar with the software... however... I keep coming across issues with the software itself and my lack of scripting/programming experience seems to be a massive factor. 

Is there anyone else out there who feels or felt the same way?

Is this software suitable for me?

I decided to move up to Magento because i thought it was the right thing to do in terms of eCommerce and overall web development. I had previously been using Wix but had literally drained every bit of life out of that software and needed something with more options.

I know this is very different to Wix but if Magento isn't for me is there any other software that anyone could suggest i use instead?

I am primarily a designer and things like scripting issues put me off because i just like to get in there and do my job... design.

appreciate any feed back.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Hi guys,who feels or felt the same way?

Magento is extremely powerful, but if you don't want to deal with scripting, programming, etc., it may not be a good long-term fit. Most folks in your position hire a developer. If that's not your preference, and you don't want to keep investing your time into learning the skills necessary to do the work yourself, Magento may indeed be the wrong platform for you. If you're not in a position to properly maintain your Magento site, you'll be taking a lot of risks. 

There are several solutions that are a few steps up from Wix, but that don't require as much coding as Magento. Typically, they're not nearly as flexible as Magento, but if you were successful with Wix, they may be the step up that you're wanting. You might consider Zoey, which is, in essence, Magento in more of a SaaS form. Alternatively, there are platforms like BigCommerce and Shopify. Ultimately, it's up to your needs and goals. 

I'm a huge proponent of Magento, but it's not a one-size-fits-all solution for every eCommerce business.