cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Double Merchandize in Magento

SOLVED

How to Double Merchandize in Magento

This is Aya, i am new to Magento 2 and using an Extension. i have a question regarding Double merchandizing, i created more than one category for example: Skin Care, Body Care, Women Care, and each category has sub categories. for Example (Deodorant) is sub category , i need to put (Deodorant) products in both Categories (Women Care, Body care) what should i do? knowing that i am not a developer.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to Double Merchandize in Magento

Hello @ayasherif 

Just simple add the required category in product details from here :
Catalog > Products > Edit any product

And add the category there. Smiley Happy

Hope it helps !

Problem Solved ? Click on 'Kudos' & Accept as Solution ! Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Hi @ayasherif 

While creating a product you have the options to select a category, from there you can assign any category to a product and it will be shown on the frontend accordingly.

Let me know in case you face any issues.

Thank you.

Hi @ayasherif 

When editing a category there is a tab that allows adding products in bulk.

Catalog -> Manage Categories -> Select Category to edit

Select the "Category Products" tab (should be far right tab)

Set the first dropdown in grid to "Any" (this dropdown filters based on if the product is in a category or not).

Type "Holden Commodore potato peeler" into the "Name" filter (just below the "Name" label in the top column).

Click the "Search" button (far right top of the grid next to "Reset Filter")

You should now see the products that match the filters options

Check the checkbox on the far left of the grid (this checkbox controls if you want to add/remove the product).

After you have checked all products you want to be added, then click the "Save Category" button in the top right of the edit page.

Depending on your system, you may need to run indexes and flush cache before the products will actually display in the category.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

Hello @ayasherif 

Just simple add the required category in product details from here :
Catalog > Products > Edit any product

And add the category there. Smiley Happy

Hope it helps !

Problem Solved ? Click on 'Kudos' & Accept as Solution ! Smiley Happy

Hi @ayasherif 

While creating a product you have the options to select a category, from there you can assign any category to a product and it will be shown on the frontend accordingly.

Let me know in case you face any issues.

Thank you.

Thank you for your help, can i do it in bulk? i have more than 10k product, so i can't do it one by one 

Thank you for your help, can i do it in bulk? i have more than 10k product, so i can't do it one by one

Hi @ayasherif 

When editing a category there is a tab that allows adding products in bulk.

Catalog -> Manage Categories -> Select Category to edit

Select the "Category Products" tab (should be far right tab)

Set the first dropdown in grid to "Any" (this dropdown filters based on if the product is in a category or not).

Type "Holden Commodore potato peeler" into the "Name" filter (just below the "Name" label in the top column).

Click the "Search" button (far right top of the grid next to "Reset Filter")

You should now see the products that match the filters options

Check the checkbox on the far left of the grid (this checkbox controls if you want to add/remove the product).

After you have checked all products you want to be added, then click the "Save Category" button in the top right of the edit page.

Depending on your system, you may need to run indexes and flush cache before the products will actually display in the category.

Thank you.