cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Easily File a Pag-IBIG Death Benefit Claim?

How to Easily File a Pag-IBIG Death Benefit Claim?

How to Claim Pag-IBIG Death Benefit:

I was able to process my father’s Pag IbIg death benefits only after I returned to work. Since I couldn’t afford to take time off, I searched for the closest Pag-IBIG branch to my workplace in  Pasig City. Luckily, I found one on Shaw Boulevard and visited during my lunch break. After three visits, I finally received the check. Understanding the process of Pag IBIG death claim can provide financial support during difficult times. This article will enlighten people on the process of how to Easily File a Pag-IBIG Death Benefit Claim?

1. Go to the nearest Pag-IBIG Branch

To begin, locate the most convenient Pag-IBIG branch in your area. During your initial visit, you will likely inquire about your total accumulated value (TAV), the process, and the necessary requirements. It is advisable to have a document containing your Pag-IBIG member ID number for quick verification, but if you do not have one, the staff can still search for it using your given name.

Next, ask the staff about the requirements for claiming the benefit. It is important to note that the requirements will vary depending on your marital status, number of children, and other factors.

Listed below are the requirements for filing a Pag-IBIG death benefit claim.

Pag-IbIg death claim requirements 2023:

Pag IBIG death claim requirements will show you which documents are necessary to claim Pag-IBIG death benefits.

• Death Certificate of the Member issued by PSA or by Local Civil Registry Office (LCRO)
  • Notarized Proof of Surviving Legal Heirs
  • Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR) issued by PSA (if the deceased is single)
  • Marriage Contract and Advisory on Marriage issued by PSA (If the deceased member is married)
  • Birth Certificate issued by PSA or Baptismal/Confirmation Certificate of all children (If with child/children)
  • Notarized Affidavit of Guardianship
  • Birth Certificate issued by PSA or Baptismal/Confirmation Certificate of deceased member/claimant
  • Notarized Non-availability of Birth Record issued by PSA and Joint Affidavit of Two Disinterested Persons

See Also: https://pagibigmp2calculator.net/how-to-easily-file-a-pag-ibig-death-benefit-claim/

2. Submit the required documents:

In my experience, claiming from Pag-IBIG is convenient because they accept baptismal certificates as a replacement for a PSA copy. They also accept death certificates from the city hall, which is helpful because obtaining a PSA copy can take 3 to 6 months. Unlike SSS, Pag-IBIG does not require a PSA copy of the death certificate, making the process easier.