cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a custom step in magento2 checkout only for a particular product

How to add a custom step in magento2 checkout only for a particular product

There is the task which, I'm looking for a solution. Before placing the order with a particular product (not for all products), based on the product quantity in the cart, should show dynamic fields to enter some information. Like if the product is an online course it should show the fields to enter the name of the attendees. And save that in the custom table.

I tried adding a step in between shipping and payment. By referring to the dev docs, but missing something it not showing the fields

Can anyone give me some hints or steps to solve this? Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How to add a custom step in magento2 checkout only for a particular product

Please try this https://www.mageplaza.com/devdocs/add-custom-checkout-step-magento-2.html
Hope it will work

Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Before placing the order with a particular product (not for all products), based on the product quantity in the cart, should show dynamic fields to enter some information. Like if the product is an online course it should show the fields to enter the name of the attendees. And save that in the custom table.

I hope you got your answer

Ask me if you have any other query

Thank you for the response. I havd some doubts like

1.Which method can I use? Ive planned to go with observer to override the checkout event.Is that right way or any other simple solutions available ?