cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2 migration issues

Magento 2 migration issues

Hi, guys. I had mixed feelings before about Magento 2 migration. But recently I’ve heard, that since this month, there will no longer be any official security patches for Magento 1. And therefore, it’s time to embrace change and upgrade to Magento 2, because otherwise, you’ll be a sitting duck for hackers. What you think? Is this for real?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Magento 2 migration issues

Hi Jimmy,

It's a bit of a mix:

• Magento 1 is reaching its end of life in a few more days, and will no longer receive security patches.
  • If you need to keep up with compliances, like PCI-DSS, you need a supported platform with a vendor supplying patches to you, or other compensating controls to address this.
  • If you're not PCI Compliant, there may be consequences when it comes to your credit card processing account.
  • Regardless of credit card processing, keeping your site safe and secure for your customers does require that you protect your site from newly discovered vulnerabilities. 
  • Magento 1 extensions will soon be removed from the Magento Marketplace, and not all extension developers will continue to support their old M1 extensions, which is another security concern.
  • Magento 2.3.x+ is supported and receiving patches, and is a good alternative to staying on Magento 1.x for many businesses.

It typically takes months to migrate. Many users are creating stopgap plans that include a patching provider like Mage-One and additional security on the web hosting side of things too (WAF, Intrusion Detection, Malware Scanners, 24/7 Monitoring). For a more detailed checklist, check out: https://blog.clear.sale/magento-1-end-of-life-a-helpful-checklist

Now is definitely a good time to re-consider migrating to Magento 2, but in the meantime, there's no reason to be a sitting duck.

Best of luck!

Re: Magento 2 migration issues

Damm even I am having a similar kind of issue, I have searched all over the internet and even have posted on number of threads on different forum, no solution seems to work. I am really frustrated, can anyone of you here help me resolve this issue, I am very much tired now.