cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to migrate from WordPress to magento with

how to migrate from WordPress to magento with

I'm attempting to move the whole content of a genuine website buy la mer online from WordPress (with the same design) to Magento, however it will only import goods. Is there a plugin that will transfer all data with the same custom designs to the Magento CMS, or need I engage a developer to do this? I don't want to loose information with photographs, so any assistance would be very appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: how to migrate from WordPress to magento with

Hi ,
To migrate wesite is a long process cant do without the help of professioabnl developers otherwise you can loose you data and clients, i had my website on wordpress i did migrate on magento 2 i am really happy with magento. if you want your server migration you can hire a magento 2 development company.

Hello @alexshawn462d9 ,

I hope this email finds you well.

This is Chirag Dave Business Development Executive from Vibidsoft Company.

I saw your recent post and figured that you're looking for Magento Expertise to migrate from WordPress to magento. We at Vibidsoft offer the same kind of services that you're looking for. We have in-house team of resources who are highly experienced and are capable enough to implement any sorts of features that you require. We offer premium quality services at decent rate. We can deliver you some amazing secured functionalities too as we have in-house team of designers and developers who have 7+ years of experience in this industry.

Would you be interested to discuss this further in details?

Here is my contact details:-
Skype ID or Email ID:- chirag.dave@vibidsoft.com

Thank You.

Step 1: Set up your Magento 2 store.
Step 2: Backup your source store data.
Step 3: Magento 2 data Migration.
Step 4: Magento 2 Extensions Migration and Custom Code.
Step 5: Magento 2 Themes Migration.
Step 6: Run recent data migration.
Step 7: Change DNS and switch domain.

MyCFAVisit

Migrating from WordPress to Magento can be a complex process because these two platforms serve different purposes. WordPress is primarily a content management system (CMS) used for blogging and building websites, while Magento is an e-commerce platform designed for creating online stores.
1. Plan Your Migration:

2. Set Up a Magento Environment:

3. Export WordPress Data:

4. Import Data into Magento:

5. Re-create Content:

6. Configure Extensions and Features:

7. Test Your Store:

8. Redirect URLs:

9. SEO Considerations:

10. Plan for Downtime:

11. Go Live:

12. Post-Migration Optimization:

mycfavisit

Migrating from WordPress to Magento involves several steps:

1. Backup: Ensure you have a backup of your WordPress site, including the database and files.

2. Set Up Magento: Install Magento on your server. Follow the official Magento installation guide.

3. Export Data: Use tools or plugins to export your WordPress content, including pages, posts, and media.

4. Prepare Data for Import: Format the exported data to match Magento's structure, considering product attributes, categories, and layout.

5. Magento Data Import: Utilize Magento's data import functionality or extensions to import your formatted data.

6. Theme and Design: Choose or create a Magento theme to match your design preferences. Adjust layouts and styles accordingly.

7. Install Extensions: Install Magento extensions for features you had in WordPress, such as SEO tools or e-commerce functionalities.

8. Testing: Thoroughly test your Magento site to ensure all content, functionality, and design elements are working correctly.

9. Domain Switch: Point your domain to the new Magento site when you're satisfied with the migration.

Always perform migrations on a staging environment first and consider seeking professional assistance to ensure a smooth transition.