cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2.4 on Centos 7 Install - Blank Screen

Magento 2.4 on Centos 7 Install - Blank Screen

So after abandoning MAMP and other approaches, I used Virtual Box on my Mac to create a Centos 7 environment with MariaDB 10.4.26 to recreate nearly exactly what's running my Nexcess live site. This lets me more closely mimic in dev what I have on Nexcess.

Problem remains the same as when I loaded with MAMP on my Mac Linux: the site installs completely (no errors), yet when I go to both backend and frontend url's, I get a blank screen. 

One possible cause is that Magento doesn't create a symlink from ~/public_html to ~/public_html/pub. I've tried creating that symlink but am having trouble - I get the "already exists" error. 

public_html]# ln -s /var/www/test.mydomain.com/public_html/pub/ /var/www/test.mydomain.com/public_html/
ln: failed to create symbolic link ‘/var/www/test.mydomain.com/public_html/pub’: File exists

Clearly, it needs to reach /pub to see the index.php file, yet calling magento by adding /pub/index.php to the url was something I tried, even though that's not the answer to fix this....

Is this my cause? Is there another reason why I'm getting a blank screen? Can someone give me the correct syntax for the symlink, and/or another possible cause/solution?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Magento 2.4 on Centos 7 Install - Blank Screen

@SJ_Med my Loyola wrote:

So after abandoning MAMP and other approaches, I used Virtual Box on my Mac to create a Centos 7 environment with MariaDB 10.4.26 to recreate nearly exactly what's running my Nexcess live site. This lets me more closely mimic in dev what I have on Nexcess.

Problem remains the same as when I loaded with MAMP on my Mac Linux: the site installs completely (no errors), yet when I go to both backend and frontend url's, I get a blank screen. 

One possible cause is that Magento doesn't create a symlink from ~/public_html to ~/public_html/pub. I've tried creating that symlink but am having trouble - I get the "already exists" error. 

public_html]# ln -s /var/www/test.mydomain.com/public_html/pub/ /var/www/test.mydomain.com/public_html/
ln: failed to create symbolic link ‘/var/www/test.mydomain.com/public_html/pub’: File exists

Clearly, it needs to reach /pub to see the index.php file, yet calling magento by adding /pub/index.php to the url was something I tried, even though that's not the answer to fix this....

Is this my cause? Is there another reason why I'm getting a blank screen? Can someone give me the correct syntax for the symlink, and/or another possible cause/solution?

Thanks.

I am also having the same Issue. Did you get any solution.

Re: Magento 2.4 on Centos 7 Install - Blank Screen

I haven't gotten any solution to this, but haven't had the time to fully explore - I suspect it may be the symlinks, but again, need to ascertain....