cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling with Magento 2.x Installation - Getting an Unexpected Error

Struggling with Magento 2.x Installation - Getting an Unexpected Error

I'm currently in the process of setting up a new online store and decided to go with Magento 2.x for its feature-rich capabilities. However, I'm facing  issue during the installation process  However, when I navigate to the installation URL, instead of the expected installation wizard, I'm greeted with an error message that reads: "Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons." Has anyone encountered this error before or have any insights into what might be causing it? Competitive Hourly Pay, free Mobile app, strategic hr services nexus.iceland.co.uk

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Struggling with Magento 2.x Installation - Getting an Unexpected Error

Magento 2 is not installed via some installation wizard. Here are the official instructions re how to install it - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/commerce-operations/installation-guide/composer.html

You must use command line to install Magento.

BTW. That error you see means there has been an exception and it's written in your exception log file. Go look into that log file and see what the exception says the issue is.

Founder at https://agency418.com

This type of error usually occur while installing or updating your Magento or your theme. Simply follow this process: 

Go to folder pub/errors find file local.xml.sample

Rename the file local.xml.sample to local.xml in the same folder pub/errors

Also, set developer mode using the following command :

php bin/magento deploy:mode:set developer

Hi @nexusicela27ce 
Are you still facing the issue?

Do let us know if we can help you.

Steps to follow for Installing Magento 2
It may help you if the issue is not solved yet.

Thanks!