cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Rule in Magento 2.4 If a combined $X amount of items in Y category, then get free shipping

SOLVED

Create Rule in Magento 2.4 If a combined $X amount of items in Y category, then get free shipping

have been searching for days, but cannot find a way to do this. I am open to getting an extension to pull this off if you know of one.

We want to offer a coupon code based on the following logic:

If you have $100 or more of products in X Category(s), get free shipping.

The two challenges that I have are:

1. I can't find a way to make a rule that adds up row totals for products in a specific category
  2. We use Flat Rate Shipping as our default shipping, and Fedex for faster speeds if the customer wants.  Have been unable to find a reliable way of offering free shipping with this shipping configuration.  
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Create Rule in Magento 2.4 If a combined $X amount of items in Y category, then get free shippin

Thanks to 2 different stack exchange posts, I figured it out.

So, logic ended up being:
Under Rule Condition (Select Product Subselection and change Total Quantity to Total Amount)

If ALL these conditions are TRUE:
|  If total amount is equal or greater than 100 in the cart with ALL of these conditions true
|  |  Category contains 20, 21

Actions

Apply: Fixed amount discount
Discount Amount: 15 (our flat rate shipping price).
Apply to Shipping Amount:  YES

|  SKU is NONE

Since we don't want to apply the discount to the items in the cart, just the shipping, then we make sure not to let it apply to any SKU's in the cart, just what's left, i.e. the shipping.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Create Rule in Magento 2.4 If a combined $X amount of items in Y category, then get free shippin

Thanks to 2 different stack exchange posts, I figured it out.

So, logic ended up being:
Under Rule Condition (Select Product Subselection and change Total Quantity to Total Amount)

|  If total amount is equal or greater than 100 in the cart with ALL of these conditions true
|  |  Category contains 20, 21

Actions

Apply: Fixed amount discount
Discount Amount: 15 (our flat rate shipping price).
Apply to Shipping Amount:  YES

|  SKU is NONE

Since we don't want to apply the discount to the items in the cart, just the shipping, then we make sure not to let it apply to any SKU's in the cart, just what's left, i.e. the shipping.