cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting 2 promotions with different priority

SOLVED

Setting 2 promotions with different priority

Hi, I am trying to set up 2 promotions: (a. Buy 3 40% off), (b. net purchase $1000-$200)

(a) promotion has higher priority so after the (a) is applied, if the net amount is still over $1000, then (b) will apply.

There is also a category of products excluded from all promotions. But I don't know how to exclude the fixed price items in rule setting.  

Here's the conditions of the (B) promotions: https://imgur.com/a/LKadL2t

I have tested with 3 products, one is fixed price and 2 regular. After the first rule is applied, the total of the 2 regular products is lesser than $1000, but it still apply the -$300 promotion, I think there is something wrong with the rules because it counts the fix price in considering the amount. 

Please help thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Setting 2 promotions with different priority

@ryanchoisr3dea 

You can try:

Setting Up the Promotions

Promotion (a) - Buy 3 Get 40% Off

1. Navigate to Cart Price Rules: Go to Marketing > Promotions > Cart Price Rules.
  2. Add New Rule: Click on Add New Rule.
  3. Rule Information:
    • Enter a rule name, e.g., "Buy 3 Get 40% Off".
    • Set the priority to a lower number (higher priority), such as 0.
    • Choose the customer groups and websites where the rule applies.
  4. Conditions:
    • Define the conditions to apply when a customer buys 3 items. This could be based on quantity or other conditions depending on your product setup.
  5. Actions:
    • In the Apply dropdown, select Percent of product price discount.
    • Set Discount Amount to 40.
    • Under Apply the rule only to cart items matching the following conditions (leave blank for all items), add conditions to exclude the fixed price items or specific categories.

Promotion (b) - Net Purchase $1000 Get $200 Off

1. Add New Rule: As before, go to the Cart Price Rules and add a new rule.
  2. Rule Information:
    • Name it, e.g., "Net Purchase $1000-$200".
    • Set the priority to a higher number (lower priority) than the first rule, such as 1.
  3. Conditions:
    • Set the conditions to apply when the subtotal equals or exceeds $1000. Use the subtotal condition rather than total amount.
  4. Actions:
    • Select Fixed amount discount for whole cart.
    • Set Discount Amount to 200.
    • Again, specify conditions to exclude the fixed price items.

Excluding Fixed Price Items and Specific Categories

To exclude fixed price items and specific categories, you need to set conditions in the Actions tab of each rule:

1. Under Apply the rule only to cart items matching the following conditions, set the conditions to exclude your specific category or attributes that identify fixed price items. You might use the Category attribute or a custom attribute that identifies these items.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Neither of those conditions you are using exist in default Magento 2 (total amount, Subtotal With Discount).

So we can only guess you have some extension or custom code there.

Founder at https://agency418.com

@ryanchoisr3dea 

You can try:

Setting Up the Promotions

Promotion (a) - Buy 3 Get 40% Off

1. Navigate to Cart Price Rules: Go to Marketing > Promotions > Cart Price Rules.
  2. Add New Rule: Click on Add New Rule.
  3. Rule Information:
    • Enter a rule name, e.g., "Buy 3 Get 40% Off".
    • Set the priority to a lower number (higher priority), such as 0.
    • Choose the customer groups and websites where the rule applies.
  4. Conditions:
    • Define the conditions to apply when a customer buys 3 items. This could be based on quantity or other conditions depending on your product setup.
  5. Actions:
    • In the Apply dropdown, select Percent of product price discount.
    • Set Discount Amount to 40.
    • Under Apply the rule only to cart items matching the following conditions (leave blank for all items), add conditions to exclude the fixed price items or specific categories.

Promotion (b) - Net Purchase $1000 Get $200 Off

1. Add New Rule: As before, go to the Cart Price Rules and add a new rule.
  2. Rule Information:
    • Name it, e.g., "Net Purchase $1000-$200".
    • Set the priority to a higher number (lower priority) than the first rule, such as 1.
  3. Conditions:
    • Set the conditions to apply when the subtotal equals or exceeds $1000. Use the subtotal condition rather than total amount.
  4. Actions:
    • Select Fixed amount discount for whole cart.
    • Set Discount Amount to 200.
    • Again, specify conditions to exclude the fixed price items.

Excluding Fixed Price Items and Specific Categories

To exclude fixed price items and specific categories, you need to set conditions in the Actions tab of each rule:

1. Under Apply the rule only to cart items matching the following conditions, set the conditions to exclude your specific category or attributes that identify fixed price items. You might use the Category attribute or a custom attribute that identifies these items.

Thank you for the solution, you made my day Smiley Happy I applied it and it solved my problem, thanks again. I was swamped last week and had a reaction paper that was like a time bomb waiting to explode. A friend suggested me to buy reaction papers online from this https://www.topessaywriting.org/buy-reaction-paper site and I am so glad I did. The professionals working on this paper were really professional. The essay they wrote was exactly what I wanted it to be. They followed my instructions exactly to the letter. The support team was amazing, they were available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and they helped me a lot. The prices were reasonable for the level of service I got. If you are in a bind like I was last week, I recommend you take a break and let the pros take care of it! It saved me so much stress.