Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content - Preview actually isn't Preview

0 Kudos

Content - Preview actually isn't Preview

Feature request from markoshust, posted on GitHub Sep 10, 2015

Clicking on the dropdown box next to a content page shows:

screen shot 2015-09-10 at 3 47 05 pm

However, the Preview option is either named bad, or has non-existent functionality.

To properly "preview" a page, there needs to be the ability to make edits to a page, save it, and publish it at a later date, so you can "preview" the page before it is published. However, you really aren't previewing anything here, as that link just shows you the page as it is already published on the frontend site.

I believe there should either be full preview functionality added (ability to make edits, "preview" changes (before they are made viewable to the public), and then be able to publish the desired updates. It's possible this could be done on the content edit page without revision tracking, however if this is the case, the "preview" option should be removed from the content grid view, because it's not appropriate here.

I don't think the option to view the page on the frontend website is bad, but if this is kept in, it should be renamed "View", and also open in a new window so it doesn't kick you out of the admin.

5 Comments
apiuser
Status changed to: Investigating

apiuser

Comment from tkacheva, posted on GitHub Sep 14, 2015

@MarkShust, that totally makes sense. We have this to be updated in backlog. Once is done, I'll update you

apiuser

Comment from tkacheva, posted on GitHub Sep 15, 2015

MAGETWO-42861

apiuser

Comment from markoshust, posted on GitHub Sep 16, 2015

Thanks. I was just wondering, what was decided internally on the proposed solution?

apiuser

Comment from tkacheva, posted on GitHub Sep 25, 2015

Basically both options are considered and taken into account. Can't tell you more for now.