cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase Order Emails

0 Kudos

Purchase Order Emails

When we were on Magento 1, we used a Crius Dropshipping module (no longer around) which created a purchase order with the customer info for each vendor who had a product in the order. The POs were generated at the same time as the order confirmation and they were sent to a designated email address for each vendor (I had them sent to me and I forwarded them to the vendor).

The module utilized transactional email templates that I set up for each vendor. It was pretty basic, but the email PO is all I really needed since I don't manage inventory.

It seems like this would be a fairly easy feature to add from a development standpoint since it mimics much of the order confirmation functionality.

1 Comment
Rohit Kashyap
Occasional Contributor

Hello Decorinteriors,

Webkul has already developed a dedicated solution for Purchase Order management. You can add multiple suppliers/vendors for your products with price, stock, time, etc. (http://prntscr.com/v2tumj)

Once you review the draft quotation you can send the purchase order email to the supplier (see here). Magento 2 Purchase Order extension has many other features like auto-draft quotation when products are out-of-stock.

The extension is completely customizable, you can change the workflow as per your business need. Let us know.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Rohit.