cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request: .user.ini files for FPM config

Request: .user.ini files for FPM config

Feature request from clockworkgeek, posted on GitHub Oct 25, 2014

On a couple of Magento1 sites I've had to configure nginx and have found .user.ini files to be most reliable. It is significantly easier than editing the system php.ini then restarting PHP-FPM and worrying about automatic updates over writing your work. Although the exact filename can be changed with user_ini.filename setting I have yet to see any server change this.

For Magento 2 I suggest two files, /.user.ini and /pub/.user.ini, to allow for situations where Magento files are not stored in the web root and are linked to instead. Their content is derived from the .htaccess.

memory_limit=768M
max_execution_time=18000
session.auto_start=off
4 Comments
apiuser
Status changed to: Investigating

apiuser

Comment from lazyguru, posted on GitHub Oct 25, 2014

Anything like this should be included as a .sample file only. Including the real file (eg .user.ini or even .htaccess) causes conflict with the "do not modify core" rule. Since the file is included in the install, I consider it "core". However, there are situations that require editing this file (thus breaking the rule).

apiuser

Comment from verklov, posted on GitHub Nov 09, 2014

Thanks for your suggestion! I will ask the architect review it. We will get back to you once we have the answer.

apiuser

Comment from vpelipenko, posted on GitHub Jan 29, 2015

Internal ticket: MAGETWO-30489