cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

World users care these. Can Magento2 add the two functions?

World users care these. Can Magento2 add the two functions?

Feature request from cfcnn, posted on GitHub Oct 21, 2015

1. About produt images. When delete a product at the backend, the related product images are not deleted automatically, so that those useless images still occupy storage. Will Magento2 delete products and product images together? If 3 images for each product, 500KB for each image, there are 1,000 deleted products, and the 3,000 images are not deleted together with products, they waste 1.4GB storage; If there are 10,000 items, that's 14GB... Magento users have to pay for that storage. And more and more time when backup or transfer website. 1,000 items × 3 images × 500 KB/image=1.4GB 10,000 items × 3 images × 500 KB/image=14GB

2. The default customer registeration verification of Magento is too simple, it's unable to reject robot registration, it's a problem for world magento users, a number of robot registration makes database very large. And they leave batch comments with ad links automatically by soft, or send spam ad emails to other people through " Email to Friend". Could magento2 add a google verification ReCaptcha to identify human or robot? ( as follows)

recaptcha

createaccount

review

email

contactus

11 Comments
apiuser
Status changed to: Investigating

apiuser

Comment from antonkril, posted on GitHub Oct 21, 2015

Did you try magento captcha?

apiuser

Comment from cfcnn, posted on GitHub Oct 22, 2015

@antonkril Yes, I tried. Magento captcha is too simple, and the technology is out of date, robots register very easily. Because of captcha recognition software, even magento has email verification, they can login and click the verification link automatically to finish the registration. The popular automatic registration software "senuke" and automatic captcha recognition software" captcha sniper". There are many charged automatic captcha websites. Hope that magento2 will have google verification ReCaptcha that keeps update continually.

436761407_640

captcha

https://vimeo.com/65662654

apiuser

Comment from antonkril, posted on GitHub Oct 28, 2015

@piotrekkaminski can you look at this request?

apiuser

Comment from cfcnn, posted on GitHub Oct 29, 2015

@antonkril Thanks for response, I thought it would be ignored. It's an unavailable site but the product keywords were grabbed by search engine. The robots registered automatically by tools, all customer emails on the list are robots(as the picture shows).

robot

Magento is the most popular online shopping program in the world, but the verification function never updates, robots can recognize, those robots software/tools keep updating. All Magento users have troubles from robot registrations/spams. Google captcha is the best one in preventing disturbing from robots. You're advised to add the Google captcha function, in the meanwhile, keep your own verification code,update it continually. Because some users may not link to Google webserver for some reasons or in specific environment,e.g. the internal web, or specific countries and regions, the national firewall prevents linking to Google.

apiuser

Comment from piotrekkaminski, posted on GitHub Dec 03, 2015

Related epic: MAGETWO-46399

apiuser

Comment from piotrekkaminski, posted on GitHub Dec 03, 2015

@cfcnn hey, thanks for reporting this. We are aware of the weakness of current captcha solution. The feature was put in backlog for one of the next releases.

apiuser

Comment from eoghanobrien, posted on GitHub Apr 18, 2016

Hi, I created the reCAPTCHA extension from the screenshots provided, I've just started work on the Magento 2 version (over 50% of the way there including unit tests)

The issue for me was always getting the reCAPTCHA widget to show up on the review and send to friend forms. The contact form recently got an additional info container (form.additional.info), is there any chance that will happen for review and send to friend forms soon?

apiuser

Comment from piotrekkaminski, posted on GitHub May 10, 2016

CAPTCHA changes are on the roadmap, tentatively scheduled for next year. In github it is tracked here https://github.com/magento/magento2/issues/3023. As for deleting the images, it is usually a bad idea as they might be referenced from marketing emails, blogs, search engines etc. With storage costs going down I do not consider it a priority - is it a problem for many users?

apiuser

Comment from cfcnn, posted on GitHub Jun 28, 2016

@eoghanobrien I used your reCAPTCHA extension , it worked excellently in Magento 1.9, solved well with the problem of robot. Looking forward to your Magento 2 version.