cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I hide too many variants using an expand button

How can I hide too many variants using an expand button

Since my Magento has many selection fields like 20 for some attributes like color, I only want to display 7 and have the rest expand using an expand button.

Is there this function in Magento or an extension that can do this task?

It should look something like this picture here.

Screenshot 2024-01-27 132651.jpgScreenshot 2024-01-27 132638.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How can I hide too many variants using an expand button

Yes, Magento does have the capability to limit the number of product attribute options displayed, with an option to expand to show more, using the "More Options" dropdown functionality.

The easiest way is to use a free extension called Magento 2 Show More Options. This extension lets you easily configure the maximum number of options to display for each product attribute, before collapsing the additional options under a "Show More" dropdown.

For example, you could display only the first 7 Color attribute options, and have the rest in a Show More dropdown that expands when clicked. The extension handles truncating the list automatically based on your preference.

Unfortunately I can't find such an extension on the internet. Do you know who this free extension is from?

I wouldn't install and then maintain an entire extension for such a minor front-end task. Just custom code it specifically for what you need. It will be less technical debt in the future.

Founder at https://agency418.com

Magento product variants. You might find existing extensions or custom scripts tailored to your needs. This approach can enhance volleyball Shoes user experience by organizing lengthy variant lists while maintaining accessibility to all options. Good luck with your customization.