cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In magento 2.4.3 coupon code application blocking after enable sucuri firewall

In magento 2.4.3 coupon code application blocking after enable sucuri firewall

After Website Firewall we have faced some weird issue for some customers when they are going to apply coupon on checkout they have got error Something went wrong with your request. Please try again later." 

But most of the customer can apply the coupon code

After investigation found that PUT method need to allow but due to security firewall only allow GET & POST method  globally .

So my question is why some customer can apply coupon code and why small number of customer blocked . 

So can any one please help me how to resolve this issue with keeping all security features

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Re: In magento 2.4.3 coupon code application blocking after enable sucuri firewall

Hello @rina_test 

1. It's possible that the firewall settings were modified or updated at a certain point in time, affecting the ability to apply coupons. Customers who were able to apply coupons before the change may still have their sessions active and can proceed without any issues, while new customers or those with expired sessions may encounter the error.

2. There might be specific conditions or attributes associated with the customers who are facing the issue. This could include factors like their location, device, browser, or specific account settings. It's worth investigating if there are any commonalities among the customers who experience the error.

The best option is to take support from sucuri firewall team, they have good support, i hope they can help you to rectify the issue.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

Re: In magento 2.4.3 coupon code application blocking after enable sucuri firewall

@rina_test wrote: ballsportsgear

After Website Firewall we have faced some weird issue for some customers when they are going to apply coupon on checkout they have got error Something went wrong with your request. Please try again later." 

But most of the customer can apply the coupon code

After investigation found that PUT method need to allow but due to security firewall only allow GET & POST method  globally .

So my question is why some customer can apply coupon code and why small number of customer blocked . 

So can any one please help me how to resolve this issue with keeping all security features

Thanks

Hello @rina_test ,

I am just want to say that the issue you described seems to be related to Magento 2.4.3 and the Sucuri firewall. It appears that after enabling the Sucuri firewall, some customers are experiencing an error message ("Something went wrong with your request. Please try again later") when they try to apply a coupon code during the checkout process. However, most customers are able to apply the coupon code without any issues.

Upon investigation, you discovered that the firewall only allows GET and POST methods globally, but the coupon application requires the use of the PUT method. This discrepancy in allowed methods could be the reason why some customers are blocked from applying the coupon code.

To resolve this issue while maintaining all security features, you have a few options:

1. Adjust the Sucuri firewall settings: Check if there are any settings within the Sucuri firewall that allow you to customize or whitelist specific methods such as PUT. If possible, add the PUT method to the allowed methods list.

2. Contact Sucuri support: Reach out to Sucuri's customer support for assistance. They should have a better understanding of their firewall's capabilities and may be able to provide guidance on how to allow the PUT method while maintaining security.

3. Modify the Magento code: If you have technical expertise, you can modify the Magento code to use a different method for applying coupons that aligns with the allowed methods in the firewall. This option requires careful consideration and testing to ensure it doesn't compromise the security of your website. Remember to proceed with caution and make backups before making any changes to your firewall or modifying the code. 

Thr  problem you described appears to be linked to Sucuri's firewall and Magento 2.4.3. When customers try to enter a promo code at checkout, they get the message "Please try again later." However, the majority of users may use the coupon code without any problems.

You can always try something different and if you are into getting the most of it try Gyroor coupon

We had the same issue and resolved it by adding these two lines to the url path whitelist in sucuri:

^/rest/default/V1/carts/mine/coupons/
^/rest/default/V1/guest-carts/