Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admin - Large Configurable: Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED

SOLVED

Admin - Large Configurable: Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED

Hi Guys!

Magento 2.4.5 p4 - Porto Theme - VPN with Cloudflare CDN and Imunify360

I've had this problem since upgrading to 2.4.5 p4 from p2.

I have some configurables with upto 1000 simple products. Since my last upgrade I am unable to add any more simple products to any configurable with more than a few hundred existing products.

As soon as I click the "Add Products Manually" link, I get the "Something went wrong error". and the system is unable to list products to be added (infinate spinner) There is no log information in Magento for the error or in mysql/php logs.

Smaller configurables do not get the problem.

Google console has shown me 2 differant errors.

Live site: Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED

Test site: Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 414 (Request-URI Too Long).

Whilst we are currenly experimenting with increasing the allowed url size on the server (A temporary fix only) this is a recent issue and large configurables have been not had this problem before.

I have seen several older posts reporting it as a fixed bug and other get/post discussions but nothing recent.

Through testing I have eliminated the following possible causes.

Imunify or other firewalls

Cloudflare

Cache

bookmark_ui

My PC cache: (I have tested on other PCs at differant locations with other firewalls)

Server changes

php settings

Currently at a loss as to what's causing this.

Any help greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Admin - Large Configurable: Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED

From 2.4.6 changelog - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/commerce-operations/release/notes/magento-open-source/2-4-6....

"Magento Open Source no longer throws an error when an admin user adds products manually to a configurable product that already has many simple products assigned to it. Previously, Magento Open Source displayed this error: Something went wrong with processing the default view and we have restored the filter to its original state."

Founder at https://agency418.com

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Admin - Large Configurable: Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED

Hm... sounds like max admin session size issue.

Can you try:

php bin/magento config:set system/security/max_session_size_admin 0

Thanks for suggestion.

Tried, cleared all cache (Including configuartion cache)  but no joy i'm afraid

All other admin functions work perfectly so i'm thinking it's something to do with the sql request when we exceed a certain amount of simple products. We aren't even trying to add anything at this stage, just purely list possible additions to the configurable. I'm presuming the error is during collection of existing simples and converting that into a query (To avoid listing them), then sending the request.

From 2.4.6 changelog - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/commerce-operations/release/notes/magento-open-source/2-4-6....

"Magento Open Source no longer throws an error when an admin user adds products manually to a configurable product that already has many simple products assigned to it. Previously, Magento Open Source displayed this error: Something went wrong with processing the default view and we have restored the filter to its original state."

Toni,

you are a gent and a scholar...thank you!

Cheers

Thanks for answering, I appreciate you.

Hi @UK_Rogue

It seems like you're encountering an issue specifically related to the Magento admin panel when attempting to add products manually to configurables with a large number of simple products. Since you've already ruled out several potential causes, let's focus on troubleshooting steps to further diagnose and potentially resolve the issue:

• Check for JavaScript Errors: Use the browser's developer tools to check for any JavaScript errors that might be occurring when you click the "Add Products Manually" link. Look for any console errors that could provide more insight into the issue.

• Increase PHP Max Input Vars: Although you mentioned testing server changes, specifically increasing the max_input_vars PHP setting might help if the issue is related to the length of the request. You can try increasing this value in your php.ini file and then restarting your web server.

• Check Magento Logs: Even if you haven't found any error logs related to this issue, it's worth checking Magento's log files again. Sometimes errors might not be immediately obvious, but there could be relevant entries in the logs, especially in var/log/ directory.

• Review Recent Changes: Consider any recent changes made to your Magento installation, including extensions or theme updates, as they could potentially introduce compatibility issues with Magento 2.4.5 p4.

• Temporary Disable Third-party Modules: Temporarily disable any third-party modules that might be interacting with the product management functionality. This will help determine if the issue is caused by a conflict with one of these modules.

• Revert to Default Theme: Temporarily switch to the default Magento theme (Luma) to see if the issue persists. This will help determine if the problem is related to your Porto theme.

or if you upgrade magento to 2.4.6 they have already resolve the issue

If the issue will be resolved, Click Kudos & Accept as a Solution.