cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current version of RDBMS is not supported

Current version of RDBMS is not supported

I'm running open source 2.4 on Ubuntu 22.04, MariaDB 10.10.5 .  I wish to upgrade to version 2.6, but I have this error.

Current version of RDBMS is not supported. Used Version: 10.10.5-MariaDB-1:10.10.5+maria~ubu1804. Supported versions: MySQL-8, MySQL-5.7, MariaDB-(10.2-10.4)

I cannot downgrade MariaDB as it's not compatible.  I'm hoping someone in the community will have a solution.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Current version of RDBMS is not supported

Hello @infopowlec3d19 Consider a Parallel Installation: If it's possible in your setup, you might consider running MariaDB 10.10.5 alongside a compatible version (e.g., MySQL-8 or MySQL-5.7). You can configure your software to use the compatible database version while keeping MariaDB installed for other applications.

Re: Current version of RDBMS is not supported

vendor/magento/framework/DB/Adapter/SqlVersionProvider.php , make getVersionString function look something like this:

private function getVersionString(string $resource): string
    {   
        $pattern = sprintf('/(%s)/', implode('|', $this->supportedVersionPatterns));
        $sqlVersionOutput = $this->fetchSqlVersion($resource);
        preg_match($pattern, $sqlVersionOutput, $match);
        if (empty($match)) {
            /*throw new ConnectionException(
                sprintf(
                    "Current version of RDBMS is not supported. Used Version: %s. Supported versions: %s",
                    $sqlVersionOutput,
                    implode(', ', array_keys($this->supportedVersionPatterns))
                )
            );*/
        }   

return 'MariaDB-10.6';
        //return reset($match);
    }   

And hope for the best.