Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento or wordpress as CMS

Magento or wordpress as CMS

Hi

As our business requirement blog is very important on our store ,

running Magento 2 at the moment

which below option is best strategy and better SEO and performance ?

1- Wordpress as CMS , homepage , blog and use Magento as store only

2- Whole website Magento

3- Just use wordpress as blog and Magento on store

4- any other idea?

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Magento or wordpress as CMS

Hi,

it really depends on your needs and resources you have. 

From our experience it's almost not possible to find good Magento blog module. So in case you want to make everything simple and easy to maintain then it's better to go with a mix of  #2 and #3. You can use Fishpig integration module in order to integrate Wordpress blog into Magento. That will allow you to use 90% of Wordpress features in Magento blog. You will also use Wordress admin for blog managment. 

In case you have enough resources for your project then i would go with #1. That will reduce resource usage on blog pages and will allow you to use all Wordpress flexibility. 

Did you find it helpful? Please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution".
Meet 70+ extensions and templates for M1 & M2 in one place

As much Wordpress as possible, it has all the help, flexibility, and plugins you could need.
Just be  careful about the yoast plugin and don't buy into their BS - just use it to edit meta data.

<a href="https://snaptube.cam/">snaptube</a> <a href="https://vidmatRe: Magento or wordpress as CMS

Not sure, but guess that you mean WooCommerce when talk about use of Wordpress for ecommerce. Correct me if I am wrong. It is a fair choice for many cases, however I wouldn't idealise WooCommerce, to set your snaptube  vidmate   expectations correctly  just read reviews with 1-2 stars

Hello @grandtyresAU 

Greetings for the day!

you can choose 'Magento' for whole website. Magento can be used as good CMS platform too. It comes with all in one package.

All the best.

Stay safe!

Take care.

Neither Magento or WordPress is a CMS.  Magento is an ecommerce platform, and WordPress is a blog engine.  If you truly need a CMS with real CMS features, don't go with either.

If you need mainly ecommerce with a little content, Magento is the best.

If you need one of:

a) A small site with a little content but not much functionality (brochure-style) or

b) A blog with regular bloggy updates

Then WordPress will suit fine.

If you truly need Content Management, with granular permissions, different content types with different content templates (not talking about theme/design templates), robust features with per-page-level functionality, and built on a modern PHP 7 namespace object oriented framework, then I would suggest Joomla or Drupal.  Joomla if you need community-based features, and Drupal if you have a lot of data processing.

If you need something with extremely custom feature sets, then frameworks are probably more what you're after.  Laravel is currently the most popular, but CodeIgnitor, CakePHP, Symfony, and Yii are all viable options depending on your needs.

Hello @grandtyresAU 

How are you doing? 

There is a vast difference between WordPress and Magento. Let me guide you to select the perfect CMS for your requirements. 

If you have a requirement for an e-commerce store then Magento is the perfect CMS for an online store. You can also hire a Magento certified developer for the development of your store at cost-effective fees.

For the blog, my suggestion is to go with WordPress as it is one of the easiest and most used platforms for blogging purposes.

Hope this helps.

Thank-You

@Swissuplabscom wrote:

Hi,

it really depends on your needs and resources you have. 

From our experience it's almost not possible to find good Magento blog module. So in case you want to make everything simple and easy to maintain then it's better to go with a mix of  #2 and #3. You can use Fishpig integration module in order to integrate Wordpress blog into Magento. That will allow you to use 90% of Wordpress features in Magento blog. You will also use Wordress admin for blog managment. 

In case you have enough resources for your project then i would go with #1. That will reduce resource usage on blog pages and will allow you to use all Wordpress flexibility. 

If i want to use Wordpress as a CMS then can i work on mobile niche like giving mobile likes of different brand samsung, vivo etc. All through automation? Is it possible in Magento? 

Hi.
I will be glad if I can be useful to you. Try reading this post WooCommerce VS Magento 2 .
You can contact us on our website if you have any questions.
Have a good day.