cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot upload the package to the extension while it's getting reviewed.

SOLVED

Cannot upload the package to the extension while it's getting reviewed.

I'm uploading my first extension to Magento Connect for free. 

Still waiting for review.

Trying to upload my extension through the add functionality, i then get: 

·         An error occurred during upload to channel MagentoConnect: Unable to communicate with the Packages Repository gateway - malformed response.

What is going on?

Also, i read the documentation, it said my 'author' should be the username not screen name, but I can't find my username.

Anyone got any tips on this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cannot upload the package to the extension while it's getting reviewed.

I finally solved it. My package is accepted. It is not because it's still getting reviewed. It is because of wrong formatting in packaging. 

To anyone having the same problem.

This is because there is a lot of ambiguity in the 'How To Package Magento Extension 6.0' from the Magento website. 

Two things I changed: 

1. User in Authors must be the same as username in Magento. Username is ID in Magento it's the ID under 'My account' in 

https://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/customer/account/. It will be rejected if it's different. 

2. Extension Key must be the same as package name. Problem was my Package Name is not unique enough so it was rejected, then I changed this and thus gets rejected with that cryptic error. So my advice is to create the extension key first in 'Add New Extension', once that extension key passed as unique in Magento, then package your file with the same extension key name. 

Hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Similar problem here!

Did u also accidentally submit it?

Our problem is slightly different. Our extension just failed the review, so I updated the extension and submitted again. However, it returns the same error as yours during uploading!

Can i know where you find the 'username' as per specified in the docs? is it my Screen_Name? 

I finally solved it. My package is accepted. It is not because it's still getting reviewed. It is because of wrong formatting in packaging. 

To anyone having the same problem.

This is because there is a lot of ambiguity in the 'How To Package Magento Extension 6.0' from the Magento website. 

Two things I changed: 

1. User in Authors must be the same as username in Magento. Username is ID in Magento it's the ID under 'My account' in 

https://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/customer/account/. It will be rejected if it's different. 

2. Extension Key must be the same as package name. Problem was my Package Name is not unique enough so it was rejected, then I changed this and thus gets rejected with that cryptic error. So my advice is to create the extension key first in 'Add New Extension', once that extension key passed as unique in Magento, then package your file with the same extension key name. 

Hope this helps. 

Hi there

I'm getting the same error, however I am doing an update to an existing live extension - its not a new extension.

So I don't think this has anything to do with the extension key.

Regarding your solution:

User in Authors must be the same as username in Magento. Username is ID in Magento it's the ID under 'My account' in 

Do you mean that you copied MAG00XXX0XX (ID) from Magento Commerce and then went to your Magento backend, Create Extension Package, and pasted it into the field called User under the Authors tab?

Please let me know, thanks.

I'm still having the same error too.

I've updated the username following your suggestions. Smiley Sad

Same issue here, our users are also unable to download to package, but that might be another issue. 

We found the solution for us: Make sure your license and stability fields are the same in online interface and the package.xml. It's is probably the same for all fields.