cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database error when submitting extension for review

Database error when submitting extension for review

Hi I am trying to submit my extension for technical review. I have filled out all of the details and uploaded my extension.

When clicking submit I receive the error "Cannot update the database".

Does anyone know the cause of this or how I can get around it? I have been waiting a long time for support to help but they are not responding.

Cheers

Liam

Screen Shot 2023-05-30 at 12.40.48 PM.png

1 REPLY 1

Re: Database error when submitting extension for review

"Cannot update the database" errors can occur for various reasons. Here are some specific steps you can take when dealing with this issue in the context of Magento 2:

1. Check Extension Compatibility: Ensure that your extension is compatible with the version of Magento 2 you are using. Incompatibility issues can lead to database errors.

2. Review Your Code: Carefully review your code to ensure there are no errors or issues that might affect the database. Look for any database-related operations that could be causing the problem.

3. Database Permissions: Verify that the database user associated with your Magento installation has the necessary permissions to perform database updates. Ensure that the database credentials in your Magento configuration are correct.

4. Server Logs: Check your server logs for more detailed error messages. You may find specific information about what's causing the database update failure in the server logs.