cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marketplace: no developer payments, no sales reports and no responses from support

SOLVED

Marketplace: no developer payments, no sales reports and no responses from support

This is a cry for help.

I'm a developer with a couple of extensions in the Magento Marketplace (vendorname: solidewebservices). Since july 2016 I have had some sales with a total of a couple of hundred dollars spread over time which should be enough for multiple developer payments. But up until now I have only received a small developer payment. I'd like to know why this is. Magento promises to send out sales reports on a monthly basis but up until now I have only received one sales report only in the beginning. I have contacted marketplace@magento.com about this and they promised to get back at me. This was 5 weeks ago. I have send them 3 reminders about this but never got an answer. I'm totally left in the dark here and dont know what to do else. I'm desperate and I'm feeling Magento is sitting on my money. I can only guess as to why they are not responding to my emails (dont they have the money for my developer payments?!?).

I'd like to know if there are more small time developers out there with similar experiences and if so, if they know of a way how to reach Magento to resolve this matter. I just want my sales reports and the (little) money I'm entitled to.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Marketplace: no developer payments, no sales reports and no responses from support

Let's keep it a coincidence but I just received a developer payment. Not further response from Magento however. Hopefully they will still pick up on the monthly reports.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Marketplace: no developer payments, no sales reports and no responses from support

Let's keep it a coincidence but I just received a developer payment. Not further response from Magento however. Hopefully they will still pick up on the monthly reports.

Hi,

I have same experience being a developer and getting info from Magento. Few things I think that need to get fixed:

1. Overview of orders with date purchased etc.
  2. Overview of payments from Marketplace to developer. What is paid, based on what amount and which orders.
  3. Overview of refunds asked by buyer and reason why etc.
  4. A way to restrict usage of extension to 1 domain. So buyers can't use it on unlimited domains.
  5. A way to update Marketing Information without disabling the extension in the store. Just let old info be there untill new marketing info has been approved. If ypu now made a small typo or want to change price you are in trouble.
  6. If you are strict in usage of links to developers sites, Trademark Guidleines etc. then do it for everybody (also the Solution Partners etc.).

We really love developing for Magento but we need a Market Place that is there for everybody.

Thanks,

Marco Kooreman