cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

areas of Magento 2 we can restrict by the ACL

areas of Magento 2 we can restrict by the ACL

Want to know about the areas of Magento 2, we can restrict by the ACL in a custom module. Any idea?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Re: areas of Magento 2 we can restrict by the ACL

Hi @PankajS_Magento 

According to Magento Doc we have 6 areas defined

1. Magento Admin (adminhtml): entry point for this area is index.php or pub/index.php. The Admin panel area includes the code needed for store management. The /app/design/adminhtml directory contains all the code for components you’ll see while working in the Admin panel.
  2. Storefront (frontend): entry point for this area is index.php or pub/index.php. The storefront (or frontend) contains template and layout files that define the appearance of your storefront.

3. Basic (base): used as a fallback for files absent in adminhtml and frontend areas.
  4. Cron (crontab): In pub/cron.php, the \Magento\Framework\App\Cron class always loads the ‘crontab’ area.
  5. Web API REST (webapi_rest): entry point for this area is index.php or pub/index.php. The REST area has a front controller that understands how to do URL lookups for REST-based URLs.
  6. Web API SOAP (webapi_soap): entry point for this area is index.php or pub/index.php.

For more details check Magento Areas 

ACL Stands For Access control List use to restrict some user to access certain area of magento you can create this by acl.xml in your module etc folder for more detail you can check below:
Magento 2: Understanding Access Control List Rules 

Authentication 

if above answer was helpful then please Accept as Solution & give Kudos
Shubham Khandelwal 

@shubham_khandelwal1 Any idea about how to get store view using ACL, I have multiple stores, each store has its own orders and sales details, here the problem is all my admin users see all the store details, how to restrict admin users from seeing another store details.I just see the tutorial but how to do set this store view is not for this admin user. My version : CE magento 2.3.4

ACL is an abbreviation of the Access control list. It is used to control certain user's access to Magento. Acl can restrict users in the following areas:

Admin

1. Web API 
  2. Cron 
  3. Admin
  4. Basic

To restrict admin users from seeing other store details,

you need to go with some modules to do this functionality.

So, you may need a 3rd party extension like:

Advanced Permissions