cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After adding canonical to magento2, goods began to give 404!?

SOLVED

After adding canonical to magento2, goods began to give 404!?

Hi I am new to magento2. Through the standard admin panel, I added the canonical. And after adding the canonical, the site's products began to give 404. Help anyone who has encountered such a problem

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: After adding canonical to magento2, goods began to give 404!?

Hello @seoandosgmf05b 

Adding canonical for products, magento has default option to be enabled for product and categories. Store - Configuration - Catalog - Catalog search - Seach Engine Optimization.  I hope you have done from their only. If yes, then it should not create such issue. 

For now, you can try these, if that helps.

1. Clear the cache: Go to System > Cache Management in the admin panel and clear all the caches.

2. Reindex the website: Go to System > Index Management in the admin panel and reindex all the indexes.

3. Check the URL Rewrite: Go to Marketing > SEO & Search > URL Rewrite in the admin panel and check if there are any URL rewrites that might be causing the issue. If you find any, you can try deleting them and then reindexing the website.

4. Check the product URLs: Go to Catalog > Products in the admin panel and check the URLs of the products that are giving a 404 error. Make sure that the URLs are correct and do not contain any typos.

5. Check the server logs: Check the server logs to see if there are any error messages that might help you identify the issue.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: After adding canonical to magento2, goods began to give 404!?

Hello @seoandosgmf05b 

Adding canonical for products, magento has default option to be enabled for product and categories. Store - Configuration - Catalog - Catalog search - Seach Engine Optimization.  I hope you have done from their only. If yes, then it should not create such issue. 

For now, you can try these, if that helps.

1. Clear the cache: Go to System > Cache Management in the admin panel and clear all the caches.

2. Reindex the website: Go to System > Index Management in the admin panel and reindex all the indexes.

3. Check the URL Rewrite: Go to Marketing > SEO & Search > URL Rewrite in the admin panel and check if there are any URL rewrites that might be causing the issue. If you find any, you can try deleting them and then reindexing the website.

4. Check the product URLs: Go to Catalog > Products in the admin panel and check the URLs of the products that are giving a 404 error. Make sure that the URLs are correct and do not contain any typos.

5. Check the server logs: Check the server logs to see if there are any error messages that might help you identify the issue.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now