cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alt Text edit via upload

SOLVED

Alt Text edit via upload

I'd like to edit the alt text for existing simple product images via an import, but so far I haven't been successful. Not sure if it means anything, but when I export a product, even though its image is assigned base, small, thumbnail & swatch roles, the only label field in the export with a value is additional_image_labels. In any case, it appears that if I import edited text without an image, no change is made. Do I have to import image and alt text together, or is there a way to import just an edit to the alt text since the image is already there?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Alt Text edit via upload

Hi @Scott_B,

Just kindly follow the following procedure below:

1) Export the products in your website.

2) Open .csv file, Edit fields of base_image_label, small_image_label, thumbnail_image_label for the products you want. Save .csv file.

3)Import the .csv file using update method in magento. That's All.

If my answer is useful, give kudos & accept as solution

Best regards

Madhuresan
Bootsgrid

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hi @Scott_B,

Just kindly follow the following procedure below:

1) Export the products in your website.

2) Open .csv file, Edit fields of base_image_label, small_image_label, thumbnail_image_label for the products you want. Save .csv file.

3)Import the .csv file using update method in magento. That's All.

If my answer is useful, give kudos & accept as solution

Best regards

Madhuresan
Bootsgrid

Hi @madhuresan_ramanan ,

Thanks for your suggestion! I had tried what you described, but in the import I only included the label columns, which didn't work. I just tried again, this time including the image columns as well (and left the image/path as it showed in the export), and success!

Cheers,

Scott

Alt text edit (alternative text) describes the appearance or function of an image on a page. Alt text is read aloud by screen readers used by visually impaired users.

Editor app

Remini is a best photo editing app.

Best regarded https://remiini.com/

The brand new Adobe Express for desktop web is here! The all-in-one editor combines our best tools for video editing, design, and more with some

That's awesome news! Adobe Express for desktop web sounds like a game-changer, bringing together top-notch video editing, design, and more all in one place. Can't wait to explore all the creative possibilities it offers!

Re: Editor app

Remini is super cool for editing pics, and Alight Motion makes it even more awesome! Let's have fun making cool stuff together!

It seems like you're dealing with product images and alt text in an e-commerce or content management system. If you want to edit the alt text for existing simple product images via an import, it's typically more effective to include both the image and alt text in the import process. This ensures that the alt text is associated with the correct image. Here's a general guide on how you might structure your import: Export Data: Export the product data, including the image and alt text information. Edit Alt Text: In the exported file, locate the alt text field and make your edits. Import Updated Data: Import the modified data back into your system. Make sure to map the alt text field correctly during the import process. If the exported file has a field like "additional_image_labels" where the alt text is stored, ensure that you are modifying this field during the import. Also, check if there are specific requirements or restrictions for importing image-related data in your system. Keep in mind that the success of the import might depend on the platform or software you're using. If the import doesn't seem to be working as expected, it's advisable to consult the documentation or support resources provided by the platform for specific guidance on importing image-related data and alt text.