cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Sales Channel - FBA & FBM inventory management

Amazon Sales Channel - FBA & FBM inventory management

Hi ! 

I would like to exchange info with Magento 2.x users that are using Amazon Sales Channel.

I would like to ask any of you how do you do to deduct inventory from Amazon FBA source warehouse in case the order is for a product whose shipping is FBA and when the order comes due to a FBM product sold where i should deduct inventory from another source like my Main USA Warehouse. As the web site where my orders are being synchronized is one, i can only link one web site with only one inventory source but i would need to link with two sources depending if the product is FBA or FBM. Any idea??? I dont want to have 2 web sites one called Amazon FBA and the other Amazon FBM, i just have one web site to synchronize products and orders called Amazon USA but how to deduct inventory depending the fullfilment method of each comming order?   

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Amazon Sales Channel - FBA & FBM inventory management

@jlmartinez1I don't see a simple solution as well as their to out of the shelf solution for this. Instead of any customization or making code changes I would recommend to look into 3rd party inventory management software like skuvault etc. Using those software you can manage inventory on all the channel. Let say in near future you decide to go with eBay, Jet, Walmart etc it will help you manage inventory on all the channel.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

Hi there 

ShoppingFeeder is a third-party software, you can sync your Magento store with the platform and manage all your feeds in one location. You'll have one feed for Amazon USA, as you mentioned, and you can add channel filters based on rules to make sure certain inventory isnt pushed to the feed. 

See the ShoppingFeeder website 

Hello Jlmartinez1, to deduct inventory you are supposed to get the correct reorder points. You need to know what is the best time to reorder items and the correct volume at which to do so is a simple method to make sure that you are not holding more inventory than you can sell or having too much stock to meet the requirements. This can be identified through your reorder points that is to utilize demand forecasting equipment. Just see the sales data over the past previous years, factoring in seasonality, location, and what platforms customers most often purchased on. Read more data on website and learn all this in detail. Another thing that can be done is taking minimum order quantities that let wholesalers to cherish the perks of economies of scale; as the more they order, the more price they are about to save on each unit.