cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Product Image creation

SOLVED

Automatic Product Image creation

Hello alltogether,

since I want to sell a picture archive online, which consists of quite a lot of pictures, I need a way to auto create product images.
The function should automatically create a scaled-down, watermarked version of the image/product I intend to sell when uploading the original file via the download-information function.

I would be very happy if someone could help me to find a way on how to do this.

Thank you very much in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Automatic Product Image creation

Hi @NicChew 

Well I wouldn't upload the original online to a public network if you don't want people to be able to find it.

I'm not expert in offline image magement, but you could run them through script / macro in photoshop adding the watermarks to your images, and upload these updated ones.

I hope this helps :-)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @NicChew 

Magento have default functionallity to add watermark to all your product images. But depending on how much security you want on this I wouldn't really use it since you can easily access the original images.

However if its just for show. You can access the default watermark functionallity form the admin:

System > Configuration > Design > Product Image Watermarks

You can upload watermarks and set the opacity intencity.

Hey @Theis Corfixen ,

thank you very much for your fast answer! Smiley Happy

What would you recommend then for maximum security?

It is very important for me that the customer cannot download the original image.

Hi @NicChew 

Well I wouldn't upload the original online to a public network if you don't want people to be able to find it.

I'm not expert in offline image magement, but you could run them through script / macro in photoshop adding the watermarks to your images, and upload these updated ones.