cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation with Testing Framework

Automation with Testing Framework

Hello, I am the QA Tech Lead at my company and I am looking at the Magento Testing Framework.   I have done a lot of automation with Selenium / Java / TestNG.

Has anyone out there used MTF to create basic build acceptance tests?  I want to do very straightforward browser tests:

Go to Homer Page, Login, Go to product page, add to cart, checkout, etc.  

Is MTF useful and easy for this?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Automation with Testing Framework

Hello,

A colleague wrote a nice article about Magento 2 MTF https://divante.co/blog/magento-2-agency-wasting-time-manual-tests/. I hope you find useful information. Also we are experimenting with MTF in continuous integration using GitLab CI.

Hi @Damian Culotta,

For the last few weeks, I investigated new MFTF and I have a lot of concerns. I could not find any single information about framework besides the official documentation. 

Was there any attempt to implement this framework in highly developed, customized e-commerce site? Is this framework even designed to replace selenium frameworks using full-fledged programming languages like python, JAVA, groovy or PHP? Or maybe rather this framework was designed for people without programming skills?

Hi @mdrabicki,

The new MTFT is the new solution from Magento. Is the replacment for MTF to be used on functional tests.

Is pretty new. On November at Meet Magento Argentina, Cristian Partica from Magento was speaking about the framework.