cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I make a Self-Service Portal that communicates with a Google API with Magento?

SOLVED

Can I make a Self-Service Portal that communicates with a Google API with Magento?

Hey there,

I've started to work on the idea of creating a self-service portal for Google Apps Subscriptions. In short:

I want customers to log in on their account.

They need to be able to buy new products (subscribtions/licenses).

But they also need to be able to make changes on their bought products using the Google Apps Reseller API (https://developers.google.com/admin-sdk/reseller/v1/reference/).

Is it possible to realize this using Magento?

If you need any more info, just ask

Thanks in advance,

Tristan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can I make a Self-Service Portal that communicates with a Google API with Magento?

@Anonymous Yes possible you can send and retrieve data as well. But you might need to mapping fields of Google API with Magento attributes, if use different name (For i.e, Magento use name  attribute for product name but Google API have item_name; so you need to map them)

Cheers

-
Magento Programmer | Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Can I make a Self-Service Portal that communicates with a Google API with Magento?

@Anonymous Yes possible Catalog API available - http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/m1x/api/soap/introduction.html

-

@GauravMehta04

Can I use that to let customers change their " settings/attributes" of a product, from within Magento?

To clearify, I want Magento to be the Self-Service Portal which retrieves and sends data to the Google Apps Reseller API

@Anonymous settings / attribute mean what ? If you mean customers filter products attribute the Yes. what your idea actually ? And probably you can customize as well. 

-

@GauravMehta04

I'm want to use Magento to create a self-service portal for customers.

Customers buy licenses for Google Apps. But after they bought them, I would like them to be able to configure the licenses themselves, through the self-service portal.

So it's not really your usual product in a normal webshop. It's a bit tricky to explain the idea, but I hope you see what I'm getting at.

Tristan

@Anonymous Appearing that you want to use Magento to sell license for Google Apps and for configuration purpose you might need to send products data so looking API option, is it ?

Well, let me tell you Magento provide API services for catalog, customers so you can send those information.

P.S - Waiting for next query Smiley Wink

-

@GauravMehta04 Precisely.

But not only do I want to sent the configuration data from Magento to the Google API, I also would like to have Magento retrieve information from the Google API.

Is that possible too?

Thanks!

Tristan

@Anonymous Yes possible you can send and retrieve data as well. But you might need to mapping fields of Google API with Magento attributes, if use different name (For i.e, Magento use name  attribute for product name but Google API have item_name; so you need to map them)

Cheers

-

@GauravMehta04

Thanks a lot,

I'm going to try the answers you gave me, thanks again!

Tristan

@Anonymous Welcome 

P.S: PM me in case you need any support.

-