cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Magento 2 have a master product which is related to many configurable products?

SOLVED

Can Magento 2 have a master product which is related to many configurable products?

I have a question regarding Magento 2's product architecture.

I want to create a master product which shows general information on list page.

then when I click the master product, there are many configurable products related to the master product.

Is there a way to configure on admin page in Magento 2?

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can Magento 2 have a master product which is related to many configurable products?

The most common way to achieve this is to create a category or sub-category page that lists the various configurable products you'd like to present together. You could use a different layout for this specific category page so that it helps you achieve the desired user experience. For instance, you could use a List View for your Products instead of a traditional Grid View. 

To more specifically address your question, no, there isn't a native product type that's built to display a variety of configurable products. This is intended to be handled via a Category/Sub-Category page.

Best of luck!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Can Magento 2 have a master product which is related to many configurable products?

The most common way to achieve this is to create a category or sub-category page that lists the various configurable products you'd like to present together. You could use a different layout for this specific category page so that it helps you achieve the desired user experience. For instance, you could use a List View for your Products instead of a traditional Grid View. 

To more specifically address your question, no, there isn't a native product type that's built to display a variety of configurable products. This is intended to be handled via a Category/Sub-Category page.

Best of luck!

Thank you for your advise! I think I have to think differently for the matter.