cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Magento Community be used for large enterprises?

Can Magento Community be used for large enterprises?

Hi,

Are there any well known brands that currently use Magento Community to power their online commerce? After checking the online materials I think the main difference between Community and Enterprise is the SLA, as well as several OOTB capabilities in the enterprise version (which can be supported by extensions in the community edition). Enterprise version may be an overkill for my current organization at this moment (due to cost), but I would like to know if there are some real life examples of well known brands (or large companies) that has used Magento Community successfully? This would help provide some reassurance to my team. 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Can Magento Community be used for large enterprises?

Hi,

Magento powers 30% of all online stores on www and you can safely say those are not all small stores while most of them are running a Community edition. We have clients getting hundreds of orders a day running on Magento Community. Come to LA for Magento IMAGINE 2017 in April and you will see for yourself and meet the big and small Magento users.

It's just a matter of a quality design and properly setup hosting and you can dump thousands of visitors into your store without any issues. And the number of extensions and integrations available for Magento is unmatched by any other system - just make sure you take it easy on the extensions and get them only from quality providers and you'll be fine.

Anton Pachkine @ magento2.hosting : Magento Small Business Package.