cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Magento Display Directory content on cms page

Can Magento Display Directory content on cms page

I want to display a certain files contents for user manuals. There's roughly 300 manuals and growing, so i dont want to write links to the pdf's. So i want to create a CMS Page to pull the info for me so all i need to do is ftp the files in the right spot, and then the page populates with the pdf links for me. I was not able to find anything on magento connect, and i know this can be done via php, but i am finding the issue lies in calling it into the magento theme. Has anyone successfully accomplished this?

Thanks in advanced

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Can Magento Display Directory content on cms page

I think it can be done using widgets. Yo uwill need to make widget which you will be able to insert into CMS page.

In the widget code you will have to make phph script which will get list of all your files from the folder and generate options with download request.

Thanks

Would having the pdfs linked in the gallery of the product be more helpful where the user can click on the thumbnail pdf image to download it. You can also do this with a custom phtml file and list the files but it's really not very user friendly, linked to the product is a better option for usability.

Yes and no, all the current products have their current pdf files which isnt a big deal, the issue comes in when old models become outdated or discontinued, then i still want user manuals available, and from checking around evenwith the importer of the products we are the only ones who keep records of the old files, so its just nice to offer to the public, not a big deal if we dont figure something out but would be nice to not have to type all those links.

Thanks for the responses

Put the pdfs under the media folder and create a phtml file in your design to list the folder contents with links, add the phtml to a cms page, all very simple for a developer.