cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Magento batch discount config items?

Can Magento batch discount config items?

I want to put SOME of a brand on sale (old items). Is there anyway I can multi-select configurable items to change their price? I looked around and it doesn't seem like you can make a rule unless its including an entire brand/category/set. Right now it seems my only option is to do it manually (and its a LOT of items!). I looked around for an extension for this also and haven't really found any.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Can Magento batch discount config items?

Hi,

Have you considered using the built in Catalog Price rule functionality to reduce the cost of your items?

From here you can select groups of produts and add a % discount or monetary value off?

If this doesn't suit your needs - you could try the import / export functionality to do change the prices en-masse? If you're going to do this - I would advise testing it out firstly on a development server or backing up your database - just in-case it has any adverse effects.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

No, maybe I'm not explaining it correctly.

We have a product we'll call Dress Shirt. We get new color combinations in about every six months. Dress Shirt is under its specific "Shirts" category and brand in Magento (it uses the info in our retail software). If I want to put the OLD styles -- which can range from 5-20 different styles-- on sale after we get the new ones in, I can't use the catalog rules because it only allows me to choose a combination of category, brand, attribute set and using a combination of those will put all of the Dress Shirt styles, even the new ones, on sale.

My option right now -- what I had to do today -- is go in and manually change the special price for the configerable item of each of the Dress Shirt Styles I'm putting on sale.

Really what I want is an easier way of doing that.

Hi,

You could make 'sku' or another attribute available for usage in the catalog price rules if it helps?

To do this..

Admin > catalog > attributes > manage attributes > select attribute (e.g. sku)

Change Use in Promo Conditions - to yes.

And it will be available to use in your promo rules..

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner