cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Magento compare products prices with excel sheet

SOLVED

Can Magento compare products prices with excel sheet

Hi all...

thank you all for dedicating your time and effort to share your knowledge with other members..

i'm new to Magento....yet i find it fabulous ... but i have this question that would help me alot in launching my new online store

Can Magento compare products prices with excel sheet and tell me what are the products that need to be updated?...as my sales department update the prices on daily basis on their pricing sheet for our retail store and obviously this has to reflect on the online store,which requires a lot of time to revise all the products one by one manually and change only the updated products and would also increase the possibility of "Human Error"

so i would really appreciate your guidance for this question

is there an "intelligent" way to do this price comparison to an existing sheet and inform me only with the products that need price updating?

thank you very much for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can Magento compare products prices with excel sheet

Thank you very much for your response...yes that would do it for now (y)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @mahyy,

There is no such compare functionality in Magento out of the box, however, you can use import functionality to update all products in bulk.

To do this simply prepare excel sheet with two columns: "sku" and "price", save it in CSV format and import it from Admin panel -> "System" -> "Data Transfer" -> "Import" menu (for Magento 2). All prices will be set to what is specified in your excel sheet.

If you need to ensure the format of CSV file is correct, update more attributes, or just have an excel sheet template to work on, you can first export products from Admin panel -> "System" -> "Data Transfer" -> "Export". Keep only columns you'd like to update in the excel file for import.

Thank you very much for your response...yes that would do it for now (y)