cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Magento figure out just one product and having all sizes inside?

SOLVED

Can Magento figure out just one product and having all sizes inside?

Hello everybody! I looked for something like that in the forum but I don't know how to explain in a few words!

I've read guides about 

- simple products

- grouped products

- configurable products

None of them seem to work for a simple question: if I have shoes size 7, 8, 9, and so on how can I have the customer to enter the article "JUST A SHOES" and then have him to choose the size number, let's say, 9 by clicking on the dropdown menu with all the sizes?! 

I'm new to magento! (and you recognize that maybe)

Hopefully I made myself clear with the question

Thanks to everybody 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can Magento figure out just one product and having all sizes inside?

Hello everybody! I found that Magento does NOT what I want. But this extension does it! And for free

problem solved

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

If you're selling shoes, then you'll need to create configurable products.

First off though, you'll have to create an attribute for the shoe sizes, which you'll tell it to be a drop down menu (unless you're using the product swatches setup in 1.9.1). Once you have your attribute, you'll need to assign it to an attribute set. 

After that, you'll use that attribute set when creating a configurable product. After you setup everything on the configurable product, you'll have the option at the end to create the simple products (child products), which will be the individual sizes. 

I did what you said but the price of the configurable product is the SUM of the price of the  CONFIGURABLE product and the price of the simple product. As well when you search the product in the store you'll see only the configurable product with is price (which is a nonsense because is not a product!)

screenshot

Yes, Magento allows configurable products for this problem else if you need to calculate price of variable sized products based on user values, you may try out third party modules like these ones, 

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/dynamic-square-foot-pricing-calculator.html

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/custom-options-pricing-dynamic-products-pricing.html

What? Really? there is no way in Magento to make the customer choose between a few sizes in Magento??? I do not need to calculate prices... I just have some primitive products, let's say for example, 

- Nike shoes AirMax Black and white size 8

- Nike shoes AirMax Black and white size 9

- Nike shoes AirMax Black and white size 10

and I want magento to show just 

- Nike shoes AirMax Black and white

and a dropdown menu with all the sizes so that the customer can order the right one without interfering with the price

price is fixed to, let's say, 50$ 

nothing more. I think is just common in eshops. It's unbeliveable I must pay 449$ for that. 

I'm sure I didn't explain very well my problem and what i'm looking for to solve it

Hello everybody! I found that Magento does NOT what I want. But this extension does it! And for free

problem solved