cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Magento import partial csv files ?

SOLVED

Can Magento import partial csv files ?

Scenario:

I have 3 suppliers and 15,000 inventory products.  I have created a master spreadsheet with all my inventory products on one page.  Each supplier updates their master inventory on a different day.  I download the suppliers .csv file, and have a script that maps the fields to my master spreadsheet.  Every week once I get an update from all three suppliers I upload my master to my Magento Store.

Can Magento...

Rather than wait until I get an update from all three suppliers, can I just create a "Magento" version for each supplier.  In other words, if I download a .csv inventory update from a supplier on stock levels.  Can I just import a .csv file that contains the SKU and Inventory total to Magento, and will it only update those products, leaving all the rest of the product as they are?

Or, if I do an update from one supplier for 3000 items, will Magento remove the other 12,000 items from my store because they were not part of the .csv being uploaded?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can Magento import partial csv files ?

Yes, you can import CSV file that contains the information only about the products you want to update, not necessary to import all the products.

Moreover, you can include only the columns that are need to be updated (plus required ones), not all.

Note that there are different behaviours of import, depends on the selected one the data will be added/updated, replaced or deleted. Add/update is probably what you need.

Check the documentation (reference for M2) for more details.

Alex Levashov, eCommerce consultant at Magenable
We help businesses to build and improve Magento stores

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Yes, you can import CSV file that contains the information only about the products you want to update, not necessary to import all the products.

Moreover, you can include only the columns that are need to be updated (plus required ones), not all.

Note that there are different behaviours of import, depends on the selected one the data will be added/updated, replaced or deleted. Add/update is probably what you need.

Check the documentation (reference for M2) for more details.

Alex Levashov, eCommerce consultant at Magenable
We help businesses to build and improve Magento stores

Magento provides a very powerful facility to add bulk products and migrate products/inventories from one Magento installation to another with its Export/Import feature.

For creating a new file, you can download the sample CSV and XML files with which you can create the product list. Once you create the CSV or XML file, just follow these steps:

Go to Magento Dashboard >> System >> Import/Export >> Dataflow – Profiles
    Add a New profile or Edit an existing Import Product profile
    Upload the CSV or XML file
    Run profile

Setup Profile

To create a new profile, go to Magento Dashboard >> System >> Import/Export >> Dataflow – Profiles and click on ‘Add New Profile’.

If you need any further help or any technical issue, you can visit Magento Guys