cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Company-specific pricing

SOLVED

Company-specific pricing

Hey all!

Thanks in advance to those that help me figure out a solution to this.

Our company has been on Magento for some time (really since the beginning). We are now on M2.2.2 and recently moved to a new ERP. In order to have Magento more easily integrate with our ERP, I am trying to understand if Magento can do company-specific pricing.

I understand that I can do customer groups and set pricing for the customer groups. My issue with that is that it doesn't match up well with how our ERP does pricing.

M2.2 introduces company accounts, where various users can be part of the same company and share the same credit. That is great. It is a start. What I would like to do is go into said company and adjust pricing for a couple of products so that any who are part of that company can get that pricing. Can I edit pricing at the company/customer level without having to set up a customer group? (We use advanced pricing - tier pricing too)

This may seem trivial, but when you have hundreds of thousands of customers it gets really hard to have long lists of customer groups and to have to sort through those all the time, plus it doesn't work how the ERP does, so really the best would be to open up a customer and say, "You get X price on Y product and X price on Z category."

Can I do that? If not, any suggestions on extensions to help or how to start setting up something like that (or is it in the roadmap?)?

Thanks!

Logan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Company-specific pricing

Hi @LogDun,

When you enable B2B features you'll create a public shared catalog.

I don't remember all the scenarios right now but you will end up with a public catalog (any guest user), a public shared catalog (B2B customers without company) and the specific catalog per company.

In that way, I think, you can get that result.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @LogDun,

You've mentioned the Company entity so I guess you are using the Magento's B2B module. Am I right?

If the answer is yes, you can create specific prices per company.

Here you'll find Shared catalogs information: https://docs.magento.com/m2/b2b/user_guide/catalog/catalog-shared.html

Hi @Damian Culotta,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, we are using the B2B module with 2.2. It is great to hear that we can do what we are looking for! How do I go about setting pricing on a company by company basis? I can't seem to figure this out.

I did notice the ability to sort of do what we want with the shared catalog (thanks for sharing a solution with that), but that brings in some issues of its own. I would ideally like to just go into a company entity in the B2B module and say "You get special pricing on this item and this item" as well as have them set to a "wholesale" customer pricing group. 

Does that make sense and can we do that? If so, how?

Thanks,
Logan

Hi @LogDun,

When you enable B2B features you'll create a public shared catalog.

I don't remember all the scenarios right now but you will end up with a public catalog (any guest user), a public shared catalog (B2B customers without company) and the specific catalog per company.

In that way, I think, you can get that result.

@Damian Culotta Thanks for the help here. I think shared catalogs are the way to go. I will do a little more research here and make sure this is the way to go. I will update this thread if I find anything I think better. For now, I think the shared catalog is the best Magento-offered solution. Thanks!

Hi Logan,

Have you found that the Shared Catalog functionality works for your particular case?

I've found that when you have many customers that are assigned many different custom prices unique to each, the functionality is difficult to use unless you have an army of data entry clerks due to the lack of batch import/exporting of custom fixed prices.

Setting custom prices in a Shared Catalog:

https://docs.magento.com/m2/b2b/user_guide/catalog/catalog-shared-pricing-structure.html#SetCustomPr...

I'm curious to know if you've come across a solution that works in your case, as it sounds similar to mine.

Thanks,

Jee