cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configurable_variations.

Configurable_variations.

Hello

I have a question regarding configurable products and the field configurable_variations. I have 1000+ simple products in a CSV file and now I want to create configurable products and attach the simple products to it. My only problem is with 1000+ products I have to use the field Configurable_variations in the CSV file and write something like this in the Configurable_variations field to make the link between the configurable product and simple product, be it color or size.

sku=0647-Black,visueelwatch=Black|sku=0647-White,visueelwatch=White|sku=0647-Red,visueelwatch=Red|sku=0647-|sku=0647-Orange,visueelwatch=Orange

That means for 1000+ simple products I have to write the text above 500+ times  in the Configurable_variations field to make the link with the configurable product and change it 500+ times to suit my needs. Thats really time consuming since I have more products to import. So my question is:

Is there a faster way to do this.

Thx for your help.

Regards

1 REPLY 1

Re: Configurable_variations.

Hello.

The format of simple products you need to associated to configurable might be a problem in case you have lots of variations. If you are interested in alternative, you can generate parent configurable and link simple items to it using Store Manager for Magento tool.

You can check this tutorial with video and see if this is what may be useful for you - 

https://www.mag-manager.com/useful-articles/how-to/how-to-create-magento-configurable-products-from-...

With Store Manager you can test this feature offline, check the result and then sync applying result to store. If you are interested, you can download 14-day fully-functional version of the app from my signatures (no payment details required).

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.