cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create PayPal Online Invoice from an order paid using a purchase order

Create PayPal Online Invoice from an order paid using a purchase order

We allow a few customers to order using a purchase order. I would like to be able to select an order and have an online PayPal invoice created and sent to the customer.  We already use PayPal as the payment method for all other orders.  Is there a way to do this (using CE 1.9.1)?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Create PayPal Online Invoice from an order paid using a purchase order

You are asking to send a PayPal invoice instead of Magento?

Magento Moderator since 2009
Keep Calm and Clear Cache!

Thanks for the reply. Here is what I know and apologies for being overly descriptive. 

When Magento sends the invoice it is a record of the sale and for most cases (e.g., the customer pays online during the checkout process) that is fine.  When a customer pays with a PO they also get the invoice email.  The problem is they often "forget" to follow through and pay the invoice (usually via a check or calling with a credit card).

What I need is a way to send them an invoice they can pay online with a credit card according to the terms of our agreement, e.g., Net 30 .  Paypal has the ability to create an invoice that is sent to the customer via email and they click a link in the email to pay the invoice. 

I was looking for an Magento functionality that could create the invoice email using PayPal API from within Magento without having to manually go to the PayPal site and reenter all the information. 

Hope this helps and thanks again. 

biscotti is asking exactly the question I wanted to ask. Is there a way to do this? I don't see an answer. 

Thanks for letting me know!!