cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force Order Status

Force Order Status

I'm running into an issue with our customers. When our items are delivered and completed, the information doesn't get updated on the Magento backend, and neither for the customer on their end when they log in to their customer accounts through our site. I've solved this bit already, but I would like to know if there was a way to force the Order Status on old orders. 

For instance, we have orders from last year that still show processing, even after shipping the items and customer receiving them. Is there an option within magento to change the status on orders or something similar?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Force Order Status

You clicked the "Ship" button when preparing outgoing orders, didn't you? 

Tanel Raja

Hello.

Generally, it’s only possible to cancel, hold, ship and unhold pending orders.

If you want to force order status, you can use Store Manager for Magento application to change order status from any to any. The solution is paid, but I guess it will be one-time procedure since you want to modify status for old orders. You can use 14-day free trial from the link in my signature to do the task without fees during the mentioned period.

Here is also how it works in action -
https://www.mag-manager.com/useful-articles/magento-orders-management/magento-change-order-status-to...

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.

Hello @FHernan87

You can try Mass Order Actions extension that will let you change status in bulk. Moreover, you'll get more necessary features that will help you manage orders faster.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
230+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!